+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Young Professionals Visa from France - did I get faulty information ?

gatherroses

Sep 14, 2011
So, I think my partner is about to have her visa expire!!! :eek:
We haven't sent in the common-law paperwork because we thought that she had 18 additional months in Canada!
The FAQ says this:

I am in Canada with a work permit under the Young Professionals category (or Professional Development). Can I extend the validity of my work permit to enable me to continue working? How can I do this?

You may extend the validity of your temporary work permit to a maximum of 18 months by following the instructions on this page.

She got an 18 mont visa at first, and thought this meant she could extend her visa by 18 months. The woman I spoke to on the phone said that she could not. Has anybody else had this type of visa, and have any experience with it?

Furthermore, she is working in an audio engineering studio using a database that only four people on the planet know how to use (trained by the company - all of them still work there). Her company failed to get a favourable LMO before, but I am wondering what the chances are of her getting one based on her knowledge and experience with this database. I am not sure if four weeks is even long enough for the company to train somebody else... Any idea how likely it is she could be granted a favourable LMO on these grounds? Also, does anybody know if the process is different if one has been working at the company before?

Also, does anybody know of the industries that are most likely to get favourable LMOs? She has training as a sound engineer, but she is also willing to work in the service industry.

Any help you could give me would be appreciated. We're kind of freaking out!!!! :eek:

mperei02

Aug 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Social Worker
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/12/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
20/6/2011
Med's Request
Currently ECAS shows in process since 26 Aug 2011
Med's Done....
20th September Completed / Received 7th October.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jan 2012
LANDED..........
May 2012....returned Nov 2012
Is she eligible to apply for WHP ? try that...but she will have to reentre Canada to get that visa...

manny

gatherroses said:
Oh, we're also living in Toronto. And, she can use my car for work if needed.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mperei02 said:
Is she eligible to apply for WHP ? try that...but she will have to reentre Canada to get that visa...

manny
All the French IEC are closed until next year. For the OP the young working professional is 18 months, no extensions. So her employer has to obtain a LMO after advertising before she can apply for a work permit.