+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

You must take IELTS before applying Canada PR.

Manpreet Singh

Star Member
Feb 3, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI, INDIA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm not native English Speaker
my points without IELTS is 70
education 20 (+2, Welder Diploma) total 14 year study
exp 21 (4 year +)
age 10 (32 yr.)
AEO 15 (10 for AEO +5 for Adaptability)
Spouse Educ 04

i didn't take IELTS Exam yet
i want to Apply my Application to CIO now
What u think Send to now or i have to wait till i take IELTS Exam???
How much Ielts Score sufficient for me??

Thx for advance

precious metals

Star Member
Apr 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Manpreet,

Language proficiency is one of the decisive factor to decide the PR.

Hence, whether or not one makes 67 or above, IELTS is must. That means if you have proficiency, you can better settle yourself in Canada (a deciding factor). If one is not able to communicate, how can one get a job in Canada (as per CHC understanding)

In case, One does not claim proficiency by way of IELTS scores, that may land one in incompatible position with regard to the Canadian job market and can lose the confidence of Visa Officer, ultimately leading to rejection.

So, sincere and true advise as per law and practice of CHC, IELTS shud be done before proceeding to CIO, NS. One shud claim only those points which one has in one's pocket. Claiming 16, getting 12, gives a misleading picture.

The above statement can be tested on the various guidelines, OP6 etc given by CIC.GC.CA, it also clearly says that if you are not ready with documents, do not apply now. get all docs ready and then proceed with CIO.

These docs i.e IETLS certification is basic doc and the deciding factor, why to take tag of rejection.

This has become more stringent wef April 10, 2010, even people from English Speaking countries are at the mercy of Visa Officer if they do not provide IELTS. They have eliminated the discrimination between people from English speaking countries and NON english speaking ones.

Think on this, investigate on cic.gc.ca, their instructions.

read below ones:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob187.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op06-eng.pdf
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2009/ob120.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2008/ob089.asp

HIGHER SCORES ARE ALWAYS BETTER.
TRY TO SECURE HIGHER SCORES.

For all.
On question on IELTS to be taken before CIO or before CHC application.

Refer question 6 on schedule 3, it asks "Have you taken an approved test to assess your proficiency in English OR French",

will you want to say yes OR no, If IELTS not taken, and writing YES, it wud be false representation, because CHC will find out whether you made false or True representation.

GO FAIR and TRUE

You can also apply without IETLS as they do not demand this at CIO stage.

If you can complete IELTS within that period of 120 days, it is fine, but try to achieve what you claim on your application.

But the circumstances changes uncontrollable sometimes (see other threads of applicants in this forum facing diffuculty to provide IELTS test in the stipulated period, as after AOR there is limted time of 120 days. It can take days from 120 period, leading to delay in filing and hence over all delay. Documents shud be ready when one receives first AOR and be filed within a week of ist AOR.

Important is that 120 days will not be extended under any circumstances by CHC. They are bound to stick to it.

Best of Luck to me and ALL, wishing to migrate to dream CANADA

visaexpert

Apr 22, 2010
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEWDELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Manpreet Singh said:
I'm not native English Speaker
my points without IELTS is 70
education 20 (+2, Welder Diploma) total 14 year study
exp 21 (4 year +)
age 10 (32 yr.)
AEO 15 (10 for AEO +5 for Adaptability)
Spouse Educ 04

i didn't take IELTS Exam yet
i want to Apply my Application to CIO now
What u think Send to now or i have to wait till i take IELTS Exam???
How much Ielts Score sufficient for me??

Thx for advance
Apply immediately without waiting for IELTS result.

You can submit IELTS result with your full documents on later stage.

It is good if you score at lease IELTS 5.5 overall Band.

rupeshdesai

Mar 21, 2009
Dear Friend,

I have confusion about IELTS test score validity for canada PR through Federal skilled worker catagory (38 ocuption ).Is the score valid only for one year or two years.. to apply for canada pr fsw category

thanking you

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The score needs to be less than a year old when your application is received by CIC. It will stay valid as long as your processing takes.

maya kumari

Jun 13, 2010
Is diabetis will be objection for PR

i maya is a diabetic which is in initial stage will this will have any problem in processing for PR.