+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

You can get TRV within canada for dependents who are on visitor record (Not OWP)

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
While searching, I did not find much useful information. Hence, I am posting this for someone's reference.

If you are in Canada and are applying for a TRV visa for your dependents who are on visitor record within, you can do that by sending your application to Ottawa.

I am on ICT visa and got my WP as well as my dependents Visitor record extended few months ago. Since my TRV visa on passport expired, I have applied for self as well as family to Ottawa office, paper based application. You can not do this online if you are including dependents that are on visitor record. "Come to Canada" tool will not let u add dependents that are on visitor record.

There is incorrect information, even from senior members of the forum that if you are on visitor record, you cannot apply from within Canada. They are wrong. I just got all my visas stamped without any issue and the turn around time for paperbased application is much faster than the "Processing Times" page of CIC site. I got it in 2 weeks including postal dates.

Make sure to submit all the supporting documents like employee letter, payslips, photos, fee payment receipt etc.. and u will be fine..

Thx...

sanjanarudrakshi

Jun 13, 2020
Need your help here please . I want to apply a TRV for my daughter who has a visitor record. Will you please walk me through the process. Desperately need your help even the consultant I am talking to told me I won’t be able to apply a TRV for her from within Canada .
thank you