jkcad

Aug 12, 2010
beauhoe said:
Welcome to this forum my friend.
1. Click on this link
2. Click on continue
3. Check "I have read,...
4. CLick on continue
5. For identification type, use your "immigration file number" starting with B...
6. Family name that you put on your file
7. Birthday on your file and
8. Place (country) of birth
9. Click "continue"
my friend, you should be able to see your status. Let us know if this works for you.
Cheers,
Hi Beauhoe
I tried that already. But it does not work. It gives me message saying that we cannot identify you in our system. Should I try to contact them?

thanks
Jk

jkcad

Aug 12, 2010
jkcad said:
Hi Beauhoe
I tried that already. But it does not work. It gives me message saying that we cannot identify you in our system. Should I try to contact them?

thanks
Jk
Never mind I am now able to see the status. It says in Process.

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mme. Yolande James who was Quebec minister of Immigration is now replaced by Kathleen Weil. I am following this very closely to see whether Weil will change the dynamism of the immigration. James is now minister of the families.
Cheers,

petrajo

May 28, 2010
Dear beauhoe

Glad to know your news, seems to be you are enjoying your new life. Please keep us updated by all means. Can I ask you some questions then.

1) Are you staying in Quebec?

2) How much funding should I have, only me, upon landing. That is what is the amount of money that keeps me on until I find a job or get benefits?

3) When do you think you’ll be, or I’ll be, entitled for benefits in case no jobs appears.

4) What is the best way to find a temporary accommodation in Montréal, if you are already in Montereal.

All the best. :)

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
petrajo said:
Dear beauhoe

Glad to know your news, seems to be you are enjoying your new life. Please keep us updated by all means. Can I ask you some questions then.

1) Are you staying in Quebec?

2) How much funding should I have, only me, upon landing. That is what is the amount of money that keeps me on until I find a job or get benefits?

3) When do you think you'll be, or I'll be, entitled for benefits in case no jobs appears.

4) What is the best way to find a temporary accommodation in Montréal, if you are already in Montereal.

All the best. :)
Hey dear friend,
Answer to Q1: Yes my friend I am in Quebec and I was lucky that a day before my landing, I got a phone call from a friend that I helped years ago and he is offering me his condo so I don't have to deal with where to stay for now. I am about 5mn driving from Ottawa and my settlement is going well.
Answer to Q2: The following chart represents the minimum amounts of Quebec immigration settlement funds established by the Quebec Government.
Number of family members Funds required (CAD)
1 adult 2,748$
1 adult and 1 child (under 18 years old) 3,692$
1 adult and 2 children (under 18 years old) 4,168$
1 adult and 3 children (under 18 years old) 4,644$
2 adults 4,030$
2 adults and 1 child (under 18 years old) 4,514$
2 adults and 2 children (under 18 years old) 4,872$
2 adults and 3 children (under 18 years old) 5,230$
My opinion: You will have a problem if you have to rent apt. and decided to enjoy life. The amount here is the minimum that someone can have so if you can bring more with you do not hesitate.
Answer to Q3: Every new comer has 90 days before asking for government help if no job is found by that time, however, I am not interested on getting any of the government help because that could hurt you when you decided to sponsorize somebody.
Answer to Q4: According to my experiences, the best way will be if you have somebody here to help you at least for the first three months and beside that, your options will be: Motel room renting or Share room with somebody. In any case I would like to tell you that the most important thing is your PR visa and you already got it. Don't be afraid of the rest because Canadians are nice and warm.
Congratulations on your PR and can't wait to hear that you are in.
Cheers,

Really

Aug 14, 2010
Beauhoe,

Congratulations on your PR visa. I have one question, did you have to submit your high school diploma and transcripts to the Damascus office, or can one just submit only undergrad, grad, and postgrad certificates and diplomas?

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Really said:
Beauhoe,

Congratulations on your PR visa. I have one question, did you have to submit your high school diploma and transcripts to the Damascus office, or can one just submit only undergrad, grad, and postgrad certificates and diplomas?
Welcome to the forum my friend...
Your undergrad, grad, and postgrad certificates and diplomas will do it.
Good luck and have a nice weekend,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Really said:
Thank you very kindly.

How is the job market in Quebec currently?
Great! Once you get here emploi Quebec or Carrefour jeunesse emploi will help you get a job. It is the best place to live my friend.
Cheers,

Really

Aug 14, 2010
I like your positive attitude, it's infectious. I guess my other question is, does a limited knowledge of the french language hamper the ability of the agency in finding jobs for one?

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Really said:
I like your positive attitude, it's infectious. I guess my other question is, does a limited knowledge of the french language hamper the ability of the agency in finding jobs for one?
Not at all, Quebec has a lot of companies that need English speeking people. YOu will be happy once you get here and in case that you would like to study Friench, Quebec has a system to help new comers for free. You just have to show up.
Be positive and listen to your heart... In my case, I am enjoying every single minute of my life here, I can't hope for a better situation.
Thanks my friend,

beauhoe

Champion Member
May 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Really said:
Thank you! That is the best thing that I could offer to my entire friend on this forum. Being positive open a lot of doors and I also believe that even if in the most difficult times of our lives, there is always a way out.
Enjoy your weekend my friend,