+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

YESTERDAY i bought both ps3 and xbox AND GOT PPR, will they work in canda

tomdickharry

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
hi aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall

YESTERDAY i bought both ps3 and xbox on some cheap offers from manchester, uk and today got PPR

PLEASE don't misunderstand it. don't start buying these consoles to guarantee ur ppr the next day [hope u all understand]

i'm talking about something else......i bought to play in the uk after selling my ps2 and wii, but today i got ppr,

ive aleady broken their packing....if i sell them in the uk, they'll go very cheap...if i take them to canada, will they work in canda?

ARE THERE SOME KIND OF CONVERTERS AVAILABLE TO SWITCH A PAL SYSTEM TO NTSC

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ DON'T SAY NO ???

I TRIED TO FIND OUT ON INTERNET, BUT THE LANGUAGE IS TOO TECHNICAL TO UNDERSTAND-------------PLEEEEEEEEEZZZZ HELP

tomdickharry

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Baloo said:

thanks... i found an answer, will anybody help me further with this

I dont think so. They are from different regions. Canada is part of the "North American" region, and Im sure the UK is part of the "European" region. If you move to Canada, you will have to purchase games from the UK in order to play them. The UK games are a PAL format, while the North American games are not.

But as long as your UK PS3 has a UK game in it, it will work fine in Canada, and you should be able to hop online with no problem.

E

emmagail

power wise, just replace the "figure of 8" power-cord, my laptop, bought in Ireland works absolutely fine. Most modern TV's give you the option of running PAL or NTSC.
Over here, they don't use scart, its only 3 connecters, you can probably get a part. Ring a bestbuy from UK

I presume you are shipping your stuff over - the weight of the consoles will blow your baggage weight allowance
ebay.co.uk will sort you out if the games don't work here

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emmagail said:
power wise, just replace the "figure of 8" power-cord, my laptop, bought in Ireland works absolutely fine.
The laptop is likely to have switched mode power supply with a universal input. Not all electrical items operate on 80v -240v.

I think the UK PS3 is also universal input, I don't think the xBox is, you will need to change the power supply or get a step down transformer.

emmagail said:
Most modern TV's give you the option of running PAL or NTSC.
Not in my experience of Canadian TV's - check before you buy one.

A PS3 and xBox can be connected by HDMI and as long as its full HD it should be fine. No guarantee.

Region coded games, movie and other items may be an issue - I don't hack.

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Baloo said:
...A PS3 and xBox can be connected by HDMI and as long as its full HD it should be fine. No guarantee.
My son's 'new' PS3 (Dubai - PAL), connected to 'new' Samsung LCD TV (Canadian - NTSC), via HDMI, isn't working.
Qorax

Baloo

VIP Member
Nov 30, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
qorax said:
My son's 'new' PS3 (Dubai - PAL), connected to 'new' Samsung LCD TV (Canadian - NTSC), via HDMI, isn't working.
Qorax
Best advice - buy it here.