Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
Vangelis21 said:
Thank you sanity but I am panicking because for us Canada is a chance to live better.

can you explain this then --> Full-time studies: This includes both secondary and post secondary education of at least 15 hours of instruction per week during the academic year. This includes any period of workplace training that forms part of the course.
Please check the link to see the definition of full-time studies, shared from the CIC website.
In btwn, could you share the link the above was copied from?
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-education.asp

Sanity

Vangelis21

Sep 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/11/11
That is very weird! WHat I wrote is copied from the PDF Instruction guide!

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vangelis21 said:
no no alex!

We get nothing from spouse (myself) education because I haven't completed my BA yet. I personally have:

6 years elementary
6 years high school
90 hours (divided into three 2-week methodology courses) <-- I am almost sure this won't even count, I am just posting it
2 years of university ( I get my BA in MAY 2012)

So I will probably get ZERO points.

BUT my wife (principal applicant) has the education I posted earlier.
If we do not count her elementary according to the table she will get 22 points
If we count it she will get 25 points..
Hi,

I repeat the Elementary is to be counted for calculating points but no need to show details of institution.

In Form IMM 5569(07-2011)E you should give total number of years for education starting from Elementary.

Go to question 7 and relevant columns: I cannot draw the box here, so marked ( box )

7. Education

give the number of years of school you successfully completed for each year of the following levels of education.

(box)Elementary/primary school

(box)Secondary/high school

(box)University/College

(box)Trade school or other post secondary school

Give full details of all the secondary and post secondary education (including university,college and apprenticeship training) you have had

Vangelis21

Sep 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/11/11
yes but it is nowhere obviously stated that because it is written in the form, they will also count it for points? Why don't you all go to the instruction guide and see what it says for yourself? I WANT and NEED you all to be right! I am just too anxious!

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
Vangelis21 said:
yes but it is nowhere obviously stated that because it is written in the form, they will also count it for points? Why don't you all go to the instruction guide and see what it says for yourself? I WANT and NEED you all to be right! I am just too anxious!
Isnt it you who is asking for information and should be double/triple checking these forms for yourself?
The opinions or views provided on this post is solely based on experience. All of us have counted the elementary schooling and thus it counts to the total number of formal years of education as explained in the Instruction guide.

''Indicate the total number of years of formal education that you have completed''

Now if you still have doubts, why dont you calculate the points based on your earlier assumption that it is 22 and not 25points. No harm in de-valuating when you can still meet the criteria of 67pts. If not, then your best bet is to contact CIC and ask for clarity

Good luck !

Sanity

Vangelis21

Sep 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/11/11
thank you sanity. One more favour. Can someone who has gotten a letter with the points they got from the CIC tell us if it was counted?

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Vangelis21 said:
thank you sanity. One more favour. Can someone who has gotten a letter with the points they got from the CIC tell us if it was counted?
I think we ALL tried our level best to help. I would suggest you call CIC for further clarifications.

Mitali

Vangelis21

Sep 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/11/11
sorry, 2-3 people that probably haven't got a clear answer is not enough for me. I still need official clarification. Thank you you two though even for the effort. anyone else?

alexchristi

Sep 8, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th july 2011
AOR Received.
PER 8th sept.2011
IELTS Request
on file
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05. Oct. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24. 10. 2012
LANDED..........
08.dec.2012
Vangelis21 said:
I am sure I have read in the guide somewhere that we should only take into consideration our studies AFTER elementary (primary) school. This means only high-school and onwards. Is that correct? In either case can you link me to an official page that says that? Thank you
I am 100% sure that the all the years you spent in school are counted. Otherwise I would not make the cut and CIO would have returned my app.file (I received my PER 2 days ago). I have also 19 years in total and got a Masters (without elementary/primary school I would have only 11 y, because they call elementary first 8 years).

Please see form 5669
question 7

No one on this planet can have a Masters degree and have 17 years of school and not counting the first 7 or 8 years of school. :)

Vangelis21

Sep 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/11/11
This is the answer I was looking for. detailed and with reasoning. Thanks a lot!

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
Vangelis21 said:
sorry, 2-3 people that probably haven't got a clear answer is not enough for me. I still need official clarification. Thank you you two though even for the effort. anyone else?
Ahh! If you need official clarification, then you should be contacting CIC - Noone in this forum is an official but offering help/support with no obligation.
Mitali and Wilson are among the senior lot who is always prompt to reply as you might have already noticed that not all members would post a response unless they find it essential to contribute.

Regarding your query if the points were counted for elementary school, 'alexchristi' has already quoted a personal example.

Sanity

alexchristi

Sep 8, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th july 2011
AOR Received.
PER 8th sept.2011
IELTS Request
on file
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05. Oct. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24. 10. 2012
LANDED..........
08.dec.2012
Vangelis21 said:
This is the answer I was looking for. detailed and with reasoning. Thanks a lot!
Finally I explained it right. :D

sorry for my bad explaining skills. ::)

Vangelis21

Sep 10, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/11/11
It is not about explaining skills! You may have excellent of those! The thing is that I needed a reason to be reassured! And your personal example (that you were on the edge and because of the elementary counting you succeeded) was great!

PS: I never rejected help and I never said that someone did want to help. But I think It is everyone's right to want to be as sure as possible especially for important situations like immigrating. Thank you and have fun!

nashe_31

Champion Member
Dec 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London (ISB)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2014
AOR Received.
02-04-2014
File Transfer...
10-04-2014
Med's Request
17-08-2012
Med's Done....
08-12-2013 Re-Med 19-02-2015
Passport Req..
Got an email for bio page of PPs
VISA ISSUED...
DM 06 May, 2015. InShaAllah Soon!
LANDED..........
InShaAllah Soon!
wilson said:
Yes I too agree :D
mitali said:
I think we ALL tried our level best to help. I would suggest you call CIC for further clarifications.

Mitali
Me too, Me too ;)!

Mitali & Wilson, am sorry for being late.

The problem here is that our respected Vangelis21 here, wants the CIC to think as he thinks, which is never gonna be possible before doomsday. ;D

That y many of us requested him to study the already posted information first before coming up with his own imaginations and logic about operations of CIC.

No offence guys!