+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Year gap

IndianStone

Feb 22, 2017
Sir,
After high school, I went to work in a designing company for 4 years. Will there be any problem for getting visa for doing a diploma course from Canada? I don't have a degree. 4 year experience letter can be provided.
Hello,
I had a 8year gap. I was working after completing my studies. I had a year off when I was unemployed. Still managed to get a visa and I'm in Canada now. I did not explain anything in my SOP about my gap. What I feel is that as long as the documents and your financials are legit, you're good to go.
I'm an Indian, I applied on June 23rd and got my visa on 14th August.

Reactions: dreamy2536

IndianStone

Feb 22, 2017
I am very concerned about my gap:(
Many of the agents I approached refused to even look at my profile when I told them about my study gap. They were 110% sure that I wouldn't get a visa.
I'm positive that if you're financials are good, you'll get the visa.

vaas97

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
Many of the agents I approached refused to even look at my profile when I told them about my study gap. They were 110% sure that I wouldn't get a visa.
I'm positive that if you're financials are good, you'll get the visa.
agreed i think financial documents are much more important, i skipped the SOP not sure if that helped

vaas97

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
Well, I did have

Well, I did have 5years gap after year 12 before going to Australia. Only did odd part tomes an some short courses. My father was my sponsor and had strong financial position. This time about the same but I will be 31 when I apply:( unmarried, single...
Good luck on your visa hope you get it.
I just submitted my passport 2 days ago hopefully i get it back soon so i can make it to classes in time

vaas97

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
Thanks mate! When does your class start? I hate this... students gotta pack up in such a short amount of time and book last min ticket:( paying 3x more. I wonder if the airline companies are connected with the high commissions....
classes start on 6th but i wont be able to get there till 15th (financial things i gotta take care of, student loans etc.). lol i wouldnt be surprised if airline companies are connected...

vaas97

Star Member
Jul 18, 2017
Yep... they do make the money:( who will you fly with? Have you seen the airfare rates yet?
check skiplagged.com tickets are cheaper than most other websites, haven't booked tickets i will by this weekend they're about 1000-1200 cad for my trip