+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Xhusband wont give his consent for my daughter to immigrate

gt2012

May 31, 2016
Hi,
I'm Egyptian and I had my divorce was granted to me (in 2015) by court after I gave up my alimony. I live in Egypt with my (now) 4 year old daughter who i've been granted custody and guardianship of by law, after the divorce. My xhusband, who is Sudanese and lives in Dubai with his new family, has visitation rights which he doesn't avail. Infact, he hasn't seen our daughter for 2 years now despite my endless efforts. Now, I want to apply for immigration as a skilled worker and take my daughter with me. How can I do so without getting his formal consent because he is blackmailing me and requesting me to do things highly unethical so that he would start considering giving his consent? I don't know what to do and i'm feeling lost and helpless! I want to give my daughter a better life but he won't allow it, just to see me suffer! Please help!

Prince.Karim

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014 (though sent on 29-09-2014)
Doc's Request.
26-8-2015 (submitted on 11-09-2015)
IELTS Request
submitted alongwith application
File Transfer...
09-01-2015
Med's Request
Soon!
Med's Done....
Soon!
Interview........
Hopefully waived
Passport Req..
Soon!
VISA ISSUED...
Soon!
LANDED..........
Soon!
gt2012 said:
Hi,
I'm Egyptian and I had my divorce granted to me (in 2015) by court after I gave up my alimony. I live in Egypt with my (now) 4 year old daughter who i've been granted custody and guardianship of by law, after the divorce. My xhusband, who is Sudanese and lives in Dubai with his new family, has visitation rights which he doesn't avail. Infact, he hasn't seen our daughter for 2 years now despite my endless efforts. Now, I want to apply for immigration as a skilled worker and take my daughter with me. How can I do so without getting his formal consent because he is blackmailing me and requesting me to do things highly unethical so that he would start considering giving his consent? I don't know what to do and i'm feeling lost and helpless! I want to give my daughter a better life but he won't allow it, just to see me suffer! Please help!
Better you engage consultant / immigration lawyer cause of complexity involved. U truly can't take chance in this matter based on advice from here.

Pipis Husband

VIP Member
Aug 16, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-06-2015
Prince.Karim said:
Better you engage consultant / immigration lawyer cause of complexity involved. U truly can't take chance in this matter based on advice from here.
That's intelligent advice. You need both an immigration lawyer and possibly, family lawyer.

ssy81

Star Member
Dec 15, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2014
Nomination.....
28-02-2015
AOR Received.
12-12-2014
Med's Request
29-02-2016 / Rcvd 26-03-2016
Med's Done....
18-03-2016
Interview........
21-06-2016
Passport Req..
26-09-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
Good willing
gt2012 said:
Hi,
I'm Egyptian and I had my divorce was granted to me (in 2015) by court after I gave up my alimony. I live in Egypt with my (now) 4 year old daughter who i've been granted custody and guardianship of by law, after the divorce. My xhusband, who is Sudanese and lives in Dubai with his new family, has visitation rights which he doesn't avail. Infact, he hasn't seen our daughter for 2 years now despite my endless efforts. Now, I want to apply for immigration as a skilled worker and take my daughter with me. How can I do so without getting his formal consent because he is blackmailing me and requesting me to do things highly unethical so that he would start considering giving his consent? I don't know what to do and i'm feeling lost and helpless! I want to give my daughter a better life but he won't allow it, just to see me suffer! Please help!
Hi QI2012, the above posters are correct.

I'm not sure if you need an immigration lawyer but you should definitely hire a family lawyer.

My ex-husband also refused to sign the Statutory Declaration From Non-Accompanying Parent. Even though he lives abroad with his new family.
A Court decision substituting the father's consent your child to emigrate to Canada is the way to go. A family lawyer who will file a civil court case on your behalf.
I'm having ongoing court case which takes 14+ months till now. Hope your case will take shorter time than mine. I believe so due to the father being different nationality than yours. The court case will be filed in the country where you and the child live i.e. Egypt. Unfortunately, having the child custody as per divorce decision is not enough for CIC neither they will accept affidavit from you (stating the father doesn't pay financial support , doesn't see the child etc.)

I know of a few divorced women who emigrated to Canada with their children. They don't post but I will definitely tell my story here if God willing, I get a positive outcome. With such high divorce rates in recent years, plus many children born outside of wedlock (in many countries), CIC requirements about child immigration are equally serious problem alike, say, criminal or medical inadmissibility... The latter ones are being discussed in detail, many people give informed / constructive advise but the former is not :(

Please let me know if you have further questions. And may God s.w.t. be with you and give us all strength!