+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

X-Ray Requirement for Primary TRV candidate

datcolin

Jul 3, 2011
Hi Guys,

My friend is filing for her TRV and she got her passports back with a medical exam requirement.

Now she is the primary TRV applicant and she will go through the medical exam with the exception of X-ray as she is pregnant and is in her first trimester.

She applied as a family care physician going from US to Toronto.

Now my question is that will she able to get her TRV papers finalized without the X-ray as she really doesn't want to risk baby's health.

Secondly she got her passport back without any stamps and only got a form for the medical exam requirement.

Once the medical exam is submitted without the x-ray will she be able to get her TRV visa on time and will the visa will be a letter from the Canadian Embassy or will they request her passports back or will she get the TRV stamped at the Buffalo Boarder once entering Canada.

Quick response would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Colin

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
datcolin said:
She applied as a family care physician going from US to Toronto.

Now my question is that will she able to get her TRV papers finalized without the X-ray as she really doesn't want to risk baby's health.
No. Her job is one of the occupations where a medical exam is required. She can have the X-ray after giving birth.

Secondly she got her passport back without any stamps and only got a form for the medical exam requirement.

Once the medical exam is submitted without the x-ray will she be able to get her TRV visa on time and will the visa will be a letter from the Canadian Embassy or will they request her passports back or will she get the TRV stamped at the Buffalo Boarder once entering Canada. See above. I don't think she will get the TRV until she passes the medicals. The visa officer has discretion to issue a TRV, but may put an "occuptation restriction" - that is, she will be prohibited from practicing as a physician until she completes the medicals.
See this: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/fw/fw01-eng.pdf
Quick response would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Colin

datcolin

Jul 3, 2011
So will she be able to start her job in July 2012 or does she need to wait till she gives birth in November before Canadian embassy will provide her the TRV visa and then move to Toronto, Canada to start work in November 2012.

Or at-least get the TRV papers finalized in June 2012, move to Toronto, get a house etc and start paracticing in December 2012 once she gets her X-ray done.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
As explained above, two things can happen:
1. The visa officer may decide to wait until after she submits the X-rays to issue the TRV or
2. The visa officer will issue a TRV without the full medicals, but in that case, an "occupation restriction" must be issued as well. This restriction will prevent her from practicing her occupation(and any other occupation where the public's health could be at risk) until she completes medicals. There is no way around medicals especially in a healthcare job.
See this: www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/fw/fw01-eng.pdf

She can choose to have the X-ray with some kind of "shielding apron" over her belly or wait until she puts to birth to have the X-ray.

datcolin said:
So will she be able to start her job in July 2012 or does she need to wait till she gives birth in November before Canadian embassy will provide her the TRV visa and then move to Toronto, Canada to start work in November 2012.

Or at-least get the TRV papers finalized in June 2012, move to Toronto, get a house etc and start paracticing in December 2012 once she gets her X-ray done.

datcolin

Jul 3, 2011
So in this case if the visa officer puts restrictions on her, will her husband who works as a CISO will be able to work in Canada. He is going there as a dependent and also filled for his work permit as a spouse on her application.

What will be the process for him to acquire work. Does he also needs to wait untill She is allowed to work.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I'm not sure how it works with dependants. May be other members can be of help. Sorry.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

SenoritaBella said:
I'm not sure how it works with dependants. May be other members can be of help. Sorry.
The OP's spouse is a family care physician, so no TRV/Work permit is going to be issued until she completes the medical and the x-ray,

datcolin

Jul 3, 2011
Let me clarify,

the primary applicant is a physician who is pregnant, she has been instructed by the designated medical physician to have all the test except x-ray as she is pregnant in a early stage and the designated physician told her its not important.

Now I do understand that she must go through the x-ray requirement, however what I'm asking is that will she allowed to practice now as x-ray can be done at a later date in November 2012.

Secondly her spouse is working as Chief Information Security Officer in US and has also applied for his work permit without any LMO.

The visa office returned both of their passports with just medical forms.

So my second question is that if primary applicant is given a restricted work permit then will her spouse be allowed to work or his work permit status will be tied to her work permit.

Regards,
Colin

datcolin

Jul 3, 2011
So this is very interesting!!

My friend got an email today from the Canadian Embassy at Buffalo to submit their passport to get it stamped along with her spouse as well.

Since she was pregnant, she skipped the x-ray requirement.

The embassy is not asking her for the x-ray.

So essentially she got the visa without the x-ray.

Anyway I wanted to share this with the group.

Will keep you guys posted once they receive their passports.

Cheers!
Colin.