Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25 September 2011
VISA ISSUED...
5 October 2011
LANDED..........
20 May 2012
I called the call centre today as instructed by them a few weeks back to check on the processing of my application.

Here is how it went:

Me: I would like to check on the processing of my application.
agent: Sorry, I can't do that. :eek: (I know, right)
me: Why not?
agent: I am not allowed to.
me: the voice prompts told me that I should hang on when I pressed 1 to check up on my application and that an agent would be happy to assist me. Are you not an agent?
agent: a recent policy change now prevents us from checking any applications if it has not exceeded the processing time.
me: I am sure that this is not accurate, this is one of the functions of your call centre.
agent: you can check the status of your application on our website.
me: That is not working, It clearly states on your website that some applicants might experience difficulties accessing their information, It is apparent that I am one of those applicants.
agent: I am sorry that "YOU" are having issues.
me: I am not having issues, your website is having issues outside of my control. I cannot check the status of my application online, neither can I have it checked by the call centre, so what option remains to me now?
agent: I can send you an email with instructions on how to attempt to resolve the technical issue. You can expect a response within 10 business days.
me: will that be a response on my application or the technical issue that "you" are having?
agent: The technical response.
me: well, unfortunately that doesn't help me at all.
agent: Im sorry but you need to be patient
me: I understand that but as you can imagine, this is grossly unacceptable...

then he said something about waiting another year before I should call back... this is where I decided to end the call for the fear that I might explode on the phone...

I am still in utter disbelief and cannot even make sense of what just happened...

Lux et Veritas

Star Member
Apr 25, 2015
jhjeppe said:
I called the call centre today as instructed by them a few weeks back to check on the processing of my application.

Here is how it went:

me: the voice prompts told me that I should hang on when I pressed 1 to check up on my application and that an agent would be happy to assist me. Are you not an agent?
agent: a recent policy change now prevents us from checking any applications if it has not exceeded the processing time.
me: I am sure that this is not accurate, this is one of the functions of your call centre.
me: That is not working, It clearly states on your website that some applicants might experience difficulties accessing their information, It is apparent that I am one of those applicants.
me: I am not having issues, your website is having issues outside of my control. I cannot check the status of my application online, neither can I have it checked by the call centre, so what option remains to me now?
agent: I can send you an email with instructions on how to attempt to resolve the technical issue. You can expect a response within 10 business days.
me: will that be a response on my application or the technical issue that "you" are having?

then he said something about waiting another year before I should call back... this is where I decided to end the call for the fear that I might explode on the phone...

I am still in utter disbelief and cannot even make sense of what just happened...
That is unfortunately what happens when people just call CIC over and over again to check on the application status. It is likely they have been overwhelmed by nonsense calls from people who can't even wait another week and now everyone is getting punished. Some people are so stupid and ruin it for everyone else.

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jhjeppe said:

Here is how it went:

Just a bad luck and bad agent. Try calling again in a day or two. You will get some other agent who may be nicer. All the best.

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Patience is a virtue.

This probably explains why my application is still at "received" and almost 60 days after getting the AOR - all these other impatient people ordering ATIP's and calling the call centre - thereby having an agent step aside from processing other applicants to waste time and assure another applicant that their application is there.

I have decided not to order ATIP or call the call centre because - in the long run - doing them way to often will p*** off the officers to the point of purposefully delaying the app to make the point of having the applicant apply some sort of patience - a lesson that can do wonders if nothing else.

This is not about "bad officers" - it's about them trying to get their job done better in a more timely manner. Inquiring too much just takes the time factor out the window - for everyone.

dbo73

Star Member
Apr 15, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Calgary
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I might be wrong but my interpretation from reading the CIC website is that you shouldn't call the helpline for status questions (even if you experience technical difficulties with the online service) unless the indicated processing times have passed.

Please note that some citizenship applicants are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our e-Client Application Status online tool. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may refer to the processing times web page for an estimate of how long it may take to process your application. Thank you for your patience.
and

Note: If it has been longer than the time shown above since you applied and you need more information, please contact the Call Centre.
equals: if your are below the indicated processing times, don't call us....

chikloo

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ERJOPA said:
Patience is a virtue.

This probably explains why my application is still at "received" and almost 60 days after getting the AOR - all these other impatient people ordering ATIP's and calling the call centre - thereby having an agent step aside from processing other applicants to waste time and assure another applicant that their application is there.

I have decided not to order ATIP or call the call centre because - in the long run - doing them way to often will p*** off the officers to the point of purposefully delaying the app to make the point of having the applicant apply some sort of patience - a lesson that can do wonders if nothing else.

This is not about "bad officers" - it's about them trying to get their job done better in a more timely manner. Inquiring too much just takes the time factor out the window - for everyone.
The CIC reps are always pissed off. You call or dont call they are going to be the same. The call center reps do not process anything. There main job is to answer to our question. Agreed there is a thin line between being obsessive or inquisitive. In general if you got the line to the rep. They can very well spend the two min to update you. In the call with Jhjeppe the cic rep could have finished the call faster if he had at least acted to look into his case.

my two cents

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jhjeppe said:

Here is how it went:

What just happened is proof that the new process is miserably failing. I have a feeling they are unable to cope with the number of applications/questions they're receiving due to the 4/6 rule being around the corner. I bet they are anxiously waiting for the enforcement of the 4/6 rule to curb the influx of applications.

reynettevos

Star Member
Aug 15, 2010
Nope I do not agree with you on this one. I believe this is a snowball effect.
1)Scamming applicants----LEAD TO
2)Increased wait times because of Rq's-----LEAD TO
3)Increased wait times for PR renewals AND
4)Increased wait times for tests and Oaths---- AND THIS EQUILED TO
5)Huge increase in Call Centre Inquiries.

We have had no updates on E-cas since March 2013 saying they started processing, yet we did an Rq and test since then. CIC has had our Rq for 16 months and yet no officer is assigned to it. So what am I supposed to check online, there is bugger all there. It is mind blowing that so many applicants are left in limbo because of those few scamming sods. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

reynettevos

Star Member
Aug 15, 2010
I really want to add that never and I mean never have a Call agent ever been rude or not willing to answer my questions.

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
jhjeppe said:

Here is how it went:

When a call centre rep tells u that, just hang up and call again... i experienced the same thing and i hang up and call back coz many of them dont know what they are doing.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The general problem with CIC is that there is no transparency during the actual process.

Don't be frustrated at the call centre clerks so much. They are there only to read what the actual processing officer has written in the system.

Don't expect any extra and reliable information from them.

The second big problem with CIC is that they are using the regular mail with regular letters which are carrying a lot of important information for the applicant. And because of that from time to time the letters are lost and the applicant has no clue what is going on.

mailvdutt

Dec 29, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-sep-2009
Doc's Request.
20-nov-2009
File Transfer...
25-Nov-2009
Med's Request
06-Apr-2010
Med's Done....
13-Apr-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-Apr-2010
VISA ISSUED...
17-May-2010
LANDED..........
28-jul-2010
even i experienced the same thing last week, she didn't even ask for my client-id, just told me to check ecas for latest updates.

Better to order ATIP every 1.5 months

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
mailvdutt said:
even i experienced the same thing last week, she didn't even ask for my client-id, just told me to check ecas for latest updates.

Better to order ATIP every 1.5 months
Mailvdutt, interesting that you mention that! I call them once every month or so and I occasionally get a very "dry" agent. When I called in Feb, I got a lady who also didn't ask from my ClientID, just told me to check eCas.

It seems that there are a few black sheep in that herd. But there are also amazingly nice, courteous people. I'd always suggest to hang up and call back the next day or something... Sounds like a lottery, I know. But that's our species. ;)

alainski

Star Member
Jul 25, 2011
Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-10-2010
Doc's Request.
20-10-2011
Nomination.....
08-04-2010
AOR Received.
09-04-2011
File Transfer...
08-09-2011 - Detroit
Med's Request
08-04-2011
Med's Done....
18-05-2011
Passport Req..
08-11-2011
VISA ISSUED...
17-11-2011
LANDED..........
26-11-2011 - Emerson, MB
Hi everyone. Let's all be patient. Remember, we are the one asking for something from them. Some application here has not even reached a year of processing and they way they demand the status of the application is just way too much too handle. I'm not saying that we shouldn't do anything, all I'm saying is let the process play out according to the processing time indicated in the website and when you exceed that, then that is your cue to start asking more frequently.

Just my two cents. Peace everyone.

Soopergal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It's ridiculous to say we are overwhelming CIC. I haven't had any response from CIC since May 2013. That's nearly 2 Years. 2 years without any response?? That's unacceptable. I think we should continue to call CIC and escalate as much as possible. We wouldn't be calling if we get updates on the progress in a timely manner.