Interview........
no
Passport Req..
29 / 07/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
03 /Aug/ 2010
LANDED..........
landed on 5th Aug 2010
I did contacted them but they replied that due to high volume, they can not confirm receiving anything!! I will wait and hope for the best,....what use does complaining make anyway.

Thanks for all your opinions guys, I wish you all the best of luck

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
maple said:
I did contacted them but they replied that due to high volume, they can not confirm receiving anything!! I will wait and hope for the best,....what use does complaining make anyway.

True, like someone in this thread said earlier, it is only going to frustrate you. good luck.

NewYorker

Nov 4, 2008
maple said:

Maple,
I remember they asked you the tax documents earlier, I guess they wanted to decide on your case but then IO took a U turn and went back to the employment verification. I hope this is all sorted out by now and you receive your PPR soon.

As you, many of us waiting from 6 or more months after Medical, no response from Buff. So at least this is comforting that you are not alone. I agree with your comments all they across on this topic, but there is nothing we can do and just wait so we'll wait and hope the best outcome.

Good Luck!

maple

Jan 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 feb 2008
AOR Received.
july 2008
Med's Request
28 march 2009
Med's Done....
april 2009
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
29 / 07/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
03 /Aug/ 2010
LANDED..........
landed on 5th Aug 2010
Thanks rupeshhari and NewYorker.
All of a sudden I am convinced I was making myself quite frustrated while it changes nothing. PR is coming sooner or later, it is not the end of the world.
True NewYorker, after months of medical, the IO remembered to ask for the tax return document. Now it is going to be my 6 months after medical. But what can the applicant do but listen and obey!! Everything comes to an end, the PR journey will come to an end, even the world will end someday! Better we keep our spirits high.

I wish you all the best and I hope you will get the good news soon, really really soon guys

All the best from Maple

cuman

Sep 1, 2009
Hi Maple
Could you please clarify me on medicals thing?
you sad that you had been waiting 6 months since the medicals sent
were you done medicals in Canada?

maple

Jan 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 feb 2008
AOR Received.
july 2008
Med's Request
28 march 2009
Med's Done....
april 2009
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
29 / 07/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
03 /Aug/ 2010
LANDED..........
landed on 5th Aug 2010
Yes. I did my medical here in Canada.

cuman

Sep 1, 2009
that is really unbearable and painful.
If they make me to wait 6 months after sending my medicals, I will have no chance left. My permit will be over.

Honolulu

Jan 14, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 25th 2009 ( at Sydney)
LANDED..........
December 29th
^ THAT I think is the real issue Cuman.
If so reasons connected with our permit we are required to leave the US BEFORE consulate at Buffalo finishes the process - WHAT happens?

maple

Jan 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 feb 2008
AOR Received.
july 2008
Med's Request
28 march 2009
Med's Done....
april 2009
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
29 / 07/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
03 /Aug/ 2010
LANDED..........
landed on 5th Aug 2010
cuman said:
that is really unbearable and painful.
If they make me to wait 6 months after sending my medicals, I will have no chance left. My permit will be over.
My permit was over indeed and now I am given a visitor status for few , I do not know what will happen once it is over. I am hoping I will get a decision before my visitor status is expired too.

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maple said:
My permit was over indeed and now I am given a visitor status for few , I do not know what will happen once it is over. I am hoping I will get a decision before my visitor status is expired too.

Why are you in a visitor status !! have they refused your application for the study permit extension which you have made recently ?

maple

Jan 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 feb 2008
AOR Received.
july 2008
Med's Request
28 march 2009
Med's Done....
april 2009
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
29 / 07/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
03 /Aug/ 2010
LANDED..........
landed on 5th Aug 2010
That is right, because I am done with my master program, and unfortunately my university does not offer PhD program in my field, so I could not get admission letter that could convince the officer to renew my study permit. I tried to get admission from other universities but they all do not have my very field of specialization except for Calgary U and they said they do not have enough seats for all applicants.The other universities said that I have to show transcripts that show I have relevant background to what I am going to study.

Actually this is another disadvantage of studying in Canada, international students always have difficulties getting admission because the priority is forever given to Canadian students even when they are less qualified than international students

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope that you get your pr visa from buffalo before the expiry date of your visitor status what is your major ?

However, i would blame you in one point, you know that PHD level in canada is very difficult for acceptance, so why didn't you get any acceptance for other master degree or diploma 2 years or even acceptance letter from a french school to study french language ?? so that they would have renewed your study permit for 2 years or more while you are waiting for the final step of your PR application without even any need to actually study ? because if your status get expired, you will have to leave and your application likely will be transfered to your country.

Another question if you don't mind, what did you send as a documents to renew your study permit ? i mean which kind of acceptance ? because without any acceptance letter or proof of attendence no one can get any renewal of the study permit.

barabashka_

Star Member
Aug 12, 2009
professional1, why would maple's application be transferred to his/her home country? Even if maple has to leave (hopefully it will not happen), I think his/her file would be still finalized in Buffalo. Maple would have to update an address though.

Maple, I think as long as you find a supervisor which is willing to take you as a PhD student, the university has little to do with a decision of your acceptance. Of course, you should meet a minimal criteria, but this criteria is the same for Canadians or international students, especially that you have a master degree from Canada. What about your master supervisor, can't he/she recommend a Canadian supervisor for you for a PhD?

What is your major indeed?

maple

Jan 24, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 feb 2008
AOR Received.
july 2008
Med's Request
28 march 2009
Med's Done....
april 2009
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
29 / 07/ 2010
VISA ISSUED...
03 /Aug/ 2010
LANDED..........
landed on 5th Aug 2010
Believe it or not my major is TESL, BUT most Canadian universities offer programs in second language acquisition (which is not the same as TESL)so they all said the same thing when I applied to them. and believe me I really got a supervisor who wanted me to be her research student in Ottawa U, but the admission committee did not even consider that I got a supervisor's admission and we even started discussing our research topic when the university mailed me with the bad news that "sorry, we are not accepting you". It was hard, and I can sense some discrimination here because not only me who complains from this, I swear to you that all those international students who studied with me in the master program tried to get admission for the doctorate level and we all got rejected though we really are qualified and even have experience in our fields both as teachers and lecturers in the universities. I paid almost 600 dollars as application fees for the universities in Canada regardless of preparing the documents such as transcripts and recommendation letters and the money it takes to prepare this and other stuff and they all gave the same answer. It is only the PR that made me stay here and wait because I did get admission from another country in my very field of my study even without paying any application fees, and as I was sponsored by my country to finish my high studies abroad, I could have been studying in that country right now without paying a penny from my pocket but I sacrificed all that for the sake of PR as I thought it would not take this long to get it.....see that is why I was so frustrated at the immigration people .... many people are let down somehow and sacrifice sth for the sake of PR

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
maple said:
Believe it or not my major is TESL, BUT most Canadian universities offer programs in second language acquisition (which is not the same as TESL)so they all said the same thing when I applied to them. and believe me I really got a supervisor who wanted me to be her research student in Ottawa U, but the admission committee did not even consider that I got a supervisor's admission and we even started discussing our research topic when the university mailed me with the bad news that "sorry, we are not accepting you". It was hard, and I can sense some discrimination here because not only me who complains from this, I swear to you that all those international students who studied with me in the master program tried to get admission for the doctorate level and we all got rejected though we really are qualified and even have experience in our fields both as teachers and lecturers in the universities. I paid almost 600 dollars as application fees for the universities in Canada regardless of preparing the documents such as transcripts and recommendation letters and the money it takes to prepare this and other stuff and they all gave the same answer. It is only the PR that made me stay here and wait because I did get admission from another country in my very field of my study even without paying any application fees, and as I was sponsored by my country to finish my high studies abroad, I could have been studying in that country right now without paying a penny from my pocket but I sacrificed all that for the sake of PR as I thought it would not take this long to get it.....see that is why I was so frustrated at the immigration people .... many people are let down somehow and sacrifice sth for the sake of PR

It is not unusual for universities give some sort of preference to local students. This happens here in the US too. It happens in our home countries too despite the fact we probably don't get many foreign students in our home countries, still they give preference to locals over the very few foreigners who apply. I am sorry to hear about your process. Don't worry your PR will come soon and then you will form part of the pool of locals and you can do your graduate study then. Good luck.