+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong stamp date on the passport (canada entry)

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Upfront (uploaded with application)
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Dear all
Thank you all in advance for all the help
I have a query please on behalf of a friend, she is applying for the citizenship soon.
She made a visit to her home country in 2019 and when she came back to Canada, she asked the officer to stamp her passport so that she can keep track of her entries and exits (she travels alot)
Now the problem is, the stamp date was wrong (actually dated 3 days before her actual arrival date) she realized that on the next day or so and called the cbsa to rectify the issue. The cbsa officer told her that he will leave a note on the file stating the situation.

Her question is, will that affect anything in her application? Will that note made by the cbsa officer by any means hurt her application?
She asked friends and they told her it's okay and some said you shouldn't have called the cbsa or left a note or even asked for the stamp as it tries to prove something.

Looking forwards to all your support, also the senior members iam used to getting help from @canuck78 @dpenabill and all others

icykool23

Star Member
Dec 11, 2016
Dear all
Thank you all in advance for all the help
I have a query please on behalf of a friend, she is applying for the citizenship soon.
She made a visit to her home country in 2019 and when she came back to Canada, she asked the officer to stamp her passport so that she can keep track of her entries and exits (she travels alot)
Now the problem is, the stamp date was wrong (actually dated 3 days before her actual arrival date) she realized that on the next day or so and called the cbsa to rectify the issue. The cbsa officer told her that he will leave a note on the file stating the situation.

Her question is, will that affect anything in her application? Will that note made by the cbsa officer by any means hurt her application?
She asked friends and they told her it's okay and some said you shouldn't have called the cbsa or left a note or even asked for the stamp as it tries to prove something.

Looking forwards to all your support, also the senior members iam used to getting help from @canuck78 @dpenabill and all others
No need to worry over it. Your friend is actually reducing her days of residency by 3 days. Put the date that she actually arrived on and all should be fine. They will get entry/exit record from CBSA and it will match the date with the actual arrival date.

May still keep the itinerary of travel or booking showing the date for record.

No need to worry at all!!

Reactions: Canadavisa92

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
No need to worry over it. Your friend is actually reducing her days of residency by 3 days. Put the date that she actually arrived on and all should be fine. They will get entry/exit record from CBSA and it will match the date with the actual arrival date.

May still keep the itinerary of travel or booking showing the date for record.

No need to worry at all!!
Thanks it makes sense and I know that, but the reason she is worried is (she's my cousin so the nagging is constantly:)) that she called the cbsa officer to rectify it. The others told her that her asking for stamp wasn't called for.

icykool23

Star Member
Dec 11, 2016
Thanks it makes sense and I know that, but the reason she is worried is (she's my cousin so the nagging is constantly:)) that she called the cbsa officer to rectify it. The others told her that her asking for stamp wasn't called for.
It's a bit unusual to ask CBSA for stamps, normally people just let them do their job and they ask if have any questions. With that said, what's done is done.

Nothing to worry since the date adjustment is ending up reducing the days of residency, if it was other way around, even then, 3 days wouldn't make a difference if days of residency declared were more than or equal to 1098.

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
It's a bit unusual to ask CBSA for stamps, normally people just let them do their job and they ask if have any questions. With that said, what's done is done.

Nothing to worry since the date adjustment is ending up reducing the days of residency, if it was other way around, even then, 3 days wouldn't make a difference if days of residency declared were more than or equal to 1098.
The reason she does that is due to the fact that she goes on frequent missions and its easier for her to follow stamps, she is just following the cbsas recommendation on their website that states that if a PR wants a stamp they can ask for it on the borders
So the flag or note on the file isn't an issue?

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
The senior insight will be appreciated @PMM @scylla

icykool23

Star Member
Dec 11, 2016
The reason she does that is due to the fact that she goes on frequent missions and its easier for her to follow stamps, she is just following the cbsas recommendation on their website that states that if a PR wants a stamp they can ask for it on the borders
So the flag or note on the file isn't an issue?
It shouldn't be an issue, as I said earlier it will match the actual arrival date. So, even if the note is consulted, it will still be the same as actual arrival date.

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
It shouldn't be an issue, as I said earlier it will match the actual arrival date. So, even if the note is consulted, it will still be the same as actual arrival date.
Thanks, actually she isnt worried about the note that it would be counted but she actually is worried that it might negatively impact their judgement that why did she call the cbsa to rectify and other questions too.
I hope I am making sense

icykool23

Star Member
Dec 11, 2016
Thanks, actually she isnt worried about the note that it would be counted but she actually is worried that it might negatively impact their judgement that why did she call the cbsa to rectify and other questions too.
I hope I am making sense
Zero impact! good luck convincing her though..lol

Canadavisa92

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-02-2019
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
17-02-2019
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Med's Done....
08-04-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18/07/2019
VISA ISSUED...
27/07/2019
LANDED..........
21/11/2019
Zero impact! good luck convincing her though..lol
Lool, exactly, I have the same trait though, if you look at my 2019 posts when I was filing my PR application OMG

Reactions: icykool23