+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong place to post but forgive me. i need some help!

shocky

Dec 26, 2008
Good morning

I am a permanent resident of Canada, landed early in july, and i am travelling, fortunately the tickets via US are cheaper than flights that go to amsterdam or frankfurt. Does anyone how much a transit visa to the US cost?

thanks

at-80

Star Member
May 24, 2009
Anyone who has travelled from Canada to US via plane will know that, Flights coming from Canada to US have US immigration check in Canada itself and not in US. So you will need a transit visa. If you are coming by road, then also you will need a transit visa. Sorry I do not know the cost, but you can go to the website of US consulate near to you in Canada. Call them.

Thanks.

at-80

Star Member
May 24, 2009
Shocky,
You WILL, I repeat you WILL, need a C1 transit visa unless you are citizen of a country that has a waiver program with US. Please check with consulate and DO NOT rely upon others answers unless they themselves have gone through the process.

There are people on this forum who are replying to posts without any experience or research.

Best Wishes
(Sorry couldn't still answer the cost part)

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
at-80 said:
Shocky,
You WILL, I repeat you WILL, need a C1 transit visa unless you are citizen of a country that has a waiver program with US. Please check with consulate and DO NOT rely upon others answers unless they themselves have gone through the process.

There are people on this forum who are replying to posts without any experience or research.

Best Wishes
(Sorry couldn't still answer the cost part)
I just found out that Shocky is right. you will need a transit visa if you are not a citizen of the list of countries that US recognises for visa waiver.

at-80

Star Member
May 24, 2009
AG,
I am glad that you gracefully accepted your mistake in providing incorrect information and have deleted your own post regarding that.

Going forward, please do research before replying to posts so that genuine candidates are not provided false information and false hopes.

It's the QUALITY of the posts and not QUANTITY that matters.

Best Wishes

AlbertaGovernor

May 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
at-80,

one should not expect quailty answer on the forum all the time. people do use judegement based on their knowledge. sometimes rules change. nothing here is guranteed and so one should also do his homework and use his judgement.