+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

wrong names/other names/contact on application form?

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
those of you that had their names incorrect on their passport and did NOT correct it before applying for citizenship. On the form where they ask what other names do you go by did you mention your name on passport AND your correct name (as friends and family call you) or did you only mention your incorrect passport name?

Also when you have to list what you were doing for the past 5 yrs during the eligibility period. When you mention employment, whose contact did you give? Supervisor? Co-Worker? I really do not want to give the managers contact as we parted on not so great terms.

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Correct/Incorrect all these are spinning my head. o_O:rolleyes:
I will suggest u better rectify all incorrect to correct before heading out to post your citizenship application so that everything stands corrected than leaving it incorrect as incorrect can later pose problems when u really need to declare correct one

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
Correct/Incorrect all these are spinning my head. o_O:rolleyes:
I will suggest u better rectify all incorrect to correct before heading out to post your citizenship application so that everything stands corrected than leaving it incorrect as incorrect can later pose problems when u really need to declare correct one
all my pr copr health n sin card have wrong names and big hassle to correct everything from indian passport all the way to SIN card... my birth certificate is the only doc that has correct name now.

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
all my pr copr health n sin card have wrong names and big hassle to correct everything from indian passport all the way to SIN card... my birth certificate is the only doc that has correct name now.
Let's first start getting the terms right. There are no "correct" and "incorrect" names. Such terms lead to confusion and questions. Why did you apply for a PR with the "incorrect" name? Why have you not changed your name in the 3 years (at least) you were in Canada. You can be known by more than one name and all of them can be correct. If your passport, pr card, SIN, drivers License have one version of the name, use that for your Citizenship application. In the other names section use the name your neighbours, friends and co-workers know you by.
You can legally change your name to whatever you want after the citizenship process and request a new certificate, driver's license etc.

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
Let's first start getting the terms right. There are no "correct" and "incorrect" names. Such terms lead to confusion and questions. Why did you apply for a PR with the "incorrect" name? Why have you not changed your name in the 3 years (at least) you were in Canada. You can be known by more than one name and all of them can be correct. If your passport, pr card, SIN, drivers License have one version of the name, use that for your Citizenship application. In the other names section use the name your neighbours, friends and co-workers know you by.
You can legally change your name to whatever you want after the citizenship process and request a new certificate, driver's license etc.
My question is about what to write on the form with regards to the name, not about how I applied for PR.

I didnt apply for PR with incorrect name, in fact ive been in canada longer than 3yrs (15 to be precise as I was here as a student and been renewing study permit with the right name in correct order) my passport was issued in dubai my father had initially done the renewal as he was the sponsor ( was a minor then) when I applied for PR I didnt realise the name was incorrect order until the officer called me and said ur name is incorrect on passport i said no the dubai issuing officer had put a strikethrough where it says surname but she read it as sur being strikedthrough and name underlied so my first name became my surname, I didnt have time to change it as she said the application will be cancelled unless u want to proceed with incorrect arrangement of name. Ive let it be the same after PR as I have heard that in the long run it will be easier to change my name legally once I receive my citizenship as I only have to change canadian passport then instead of indian as well.

vasvas

Star Member
Oct 12, 2017
My question is about what to write on the form with regards to the name, not about how I applied for PR.

I didnt apply for PR with incorrect name, in fact ive been in canada longer than 3yrs (15 to be precise as I was here as a student and been renewing study permit with the right name in correct order) my passport was issued in dubai my father had initially done the renewal as he was the sponsor ( was a minor then) when I applied for PR I didnt realise the name was incorrect order until the officer called me and said ur name is incorrect on passport i said no the dubai issuing officer had put a strikethrough where it says surname but she read it as sur being strikedthrough and name underlied so my first name became my surname, I didnt have time to change it as she said the application will be cancelled unless u want to proceed with incorrect arrangement of name. Ive let it be the same after PR as I have heard that in the long run it will be easier to change my name legally once I receive my citizenship as I only have to change canadian passport then instead of indian as well.
Maybe I should have phrased my response better....All I am saying is don't use phrases such as incorrect name as it leads to unwanted questions. You have an official name (which is listed on your passport, pr card and all other IDs you have) and another name you go by. Use the official name for your application and change it later. In the citizenship application list your "correct" name in the other name section as how family and friends know you by.

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
E.g : Suppose your name is PAREENA KAPOOR KHAN.
Now fill in the blanks for forum members to get the real picture and advice accordingly. Fill what is first name , last name or surname. Also mention what other names you hold or are called by friends like e.g BEBO, PEE CEE etc.

Passport Indian:
Health Card:
Sin Card:
Birth certificate:
Drivers licence:
PR Card:

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
E.g : Suppose your name is PAREENA KAPOOR KHAN.
Now fill in the blanks for forum members to get the real picture and advice accordingly. Fill what is first name , last name or surname. Also mention what other names you hold or are called by friends like e.g BEBO, PEE CEE etc.

Passport Indian:
Health Card:
Sin Card:
Birth certificate:
Drivers licence:
PR Card:

Passport Indian: KAPOOR KHAN, PAREENA (KAPOOR KHAN IS MY FIRST AND GIVEN NAME AND PAREENA IS NOW THE SURNAME)
Health Card: KAPOOR KHAN, PAREENA
Sin Card: KAPOOR KHAN, PAREENA

Birth certificate: PAREENA KAPOOR KHAN (FROM BIRTH)
Drivers licence: PAREENA KAPOOR KHAN (FROM WHEN I FIRST CAME TO CANADA AND FORMS WERE FILLED WITH NAME IN CORRECT ORDER)
PR Card: KAPOOR KHAN, PAREENA

EVERYONE CALLS ME PAREENA
FAMILY CALLS ME PAR (FOR E.G..)

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Passport Indian: KAPOOR KHAN, PAREENA (KAPOOR KHAN IS MY FIRST AND GIVEN NAME AND PAREENA IS NOW THE SURNAME)
Health Card: KAPOOR KHAN, PAREENA
Sin Card: KAPOOR KHAN, PAREENA

Birth certificate: PAREENA KAPOOR KHAN (FROM BIRTH)
Drivers licence: PAREENA KAPOOR KHAN (FROM WHEN I FIRST CAME TO CANADA AND FORMS WERE FILLED WITH NAME IN CORRECT ORDER)
PR Card: KAPOOR KHAN, PAREENA

EVERYONE CALLS ME PAREENA
FAMILY CALLS ME PAR (FOR E.G..)
What I understand in this scenario is that I find only your Indian passport having the wrong name. I cannot understand what is now your exact problem since if you were to go for citizenship and later give up Indian citizenship what is the need to rectify when your PR card and all other Canadian docs are in the correct name.

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
What I understand in this scenario is that I find only your Indian passport having the wrong name. I cannot understand what is now your exact problem since if you were to go for citizenship and later give up Indian citizenship what is the need to rectify when your PR card and all other Canadian docs are in the correct name.
My question was never about rectifying or correcting anything.

My question was if I need to mention my name (in the wrong order as stated on passport, PR, SIN, COPR and health card) ONLY? AND/ OR also my birth certificate name which in the correct order and also the name everyone calls me.

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
My question was never about rectifying or correcting anything.

My question was if I need to mention my name (in the wrong order as stated on passport, PR, SIN, COPR and health card) ONLY? AND/ OR also my birth certificate name which in the correct order and also the name everyone calls me.
OK I got it.
The question on the citizenship form asks what is your name as per the latest immigration document?
Here if you click the HELP button on the right it asks you
as per PR CARD
as per COPR
So my answer will be Family name ( Surname) Kapoor Khan and Given name ; Pareena
Actual it should have been I guess Family name : Khan AND Given name : Pareena which could be your first name and Middle name: Kapoor

Becksterd

Apr 15, 2010
Edmonton, AB
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
05-2013
IELTS Request
14-02-2014
Med's Request
10-2013
Med's Done....
11-2013
Passport Req..
02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
02-2014
LANDED..........
04-2014
OK I got it.
The question on the citizenship form asks what is your name as per the latest immigration document?
Here if you click the HELP button on the right it asks you
as per PR CARD
as per COPR
So my answer will be Family name ( Surname) Kapoor Khan and Given name ; Pareena
Actual it should have been I guess Family name : Khan AND Given name : Pareena which could be your first name and Middle name: Kapoor
Oh I didnt check the help button as the other help buttons were not giving me much info. I will check it again thank you. I suppose I should mention other names I go by which would include my first name (Pareena) as on birth certificate which everyone actually calls me.