+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong Information on submitted residence calculator

Natalia2015

Mar 10, 2015
Hi! After I submitted my citizenship application, I realized that there was an honest mistake I made in the residence calculator. For some reason I printed it right away forgetting to enter the number of days I was absent last year. According to the calculator, my basic residence days are 1460. I was away for 35 days last year so it should have been 1425. I know I only need 1095 days but still, the information I submitted was wrong. Does anybody have been through the same scenario? What should I do? TIA!

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Natalia2015 said:
Hi! After I submitted my citizenship application, I realized that there was an honest mistake I made in the residence calculator. For some reason I printed it right away forgetting to enter the number of days I was absent last year. According to the calculator, my basic residence days are 1460. I was away for 35 days last year so it should have been 1425. I know I only need 1095 days but still, the information I submitted was wrong. Does anybody have been through the same scenario? What should I do? TIA!
when did you send it?if ur worried and you just sent IT u can either withdraw The whole thing or Just print The correct one n put ur permanent resident number,date of birth address and a letter explaining to them That u made a mistake in putting ur absence and to be attached to ur file.
I know a person who did that n everything was fine so try ur lucky,but if u keep quite they might say u lied in The applica
Good lucky

DAN11

Star Member
Nov 22, 2014
Natalia2015 said:
If I understand you correctly you were just 35 days out - Too late to withdraw it, let the one you sent in stay and do the correct calculator residency with a letter explaining because by the time they start processing your application that amended calculator residency and the letter explaining would have already been in your file.

melissaida

Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Detroit
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
3-APR-2010
VISA ISSUED...
08-APR-2010
LANDED..........
15-08-2010
Natalia2015 said:
I was off on my residence calculator and just had a copy with the correct days with me during the interview. The officer wasn't really concerned as I cleared the required days, as you do, by a healthy margin. Cheers and good luck to you!

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Natalia2015 said:
Just yesterday. I already thought of sending the correct one, just not sure if it'll work.
then u can send The correct one put ur PR which i think will ACT as ur client ID and other useful information and after that send it SIdney which um sure ur file Not yet Open and put a note say u included The wrong residency calculator and u will be fine

Natalia2015

Mar 10, 2015
Thank you guys for all the replies! I went to the post office and wait there til they opened and got my envelope back! :D