+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong information on PR card

birdgirl

Mar 28, 2024
I have read past threads about amending a PR card due to incorrect information put in by the IRCC. Thing is, I received my card 2 years ago and just realized last week as I was crossing the border that it indicates my sex as male even though I am and have always entered female in the forms. I didn’t have any problems crossing the border.
This mishap has gone by unnoticed and I was able to get my new SIN number, driver’s licenses and all other identification without any issues and all saying the right information. That’s why it took me so long to notice. I checked the eCOPR and it indeed said “male” on the form but because that detail is minor and I have always said female in all my forms my eyes didn’t catch it when I verified the information.
Is this something that I should still look into changing? The IMM 5530 indicates a 60 day limit. I am way past that.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have read past threads about amending a PR card due to incorrect information put in by the IRCC. Thing is, I received my card 2 years ago and just realized last week as I was crossing the border that it indicates my sex as male even though I am and have always entered female in the forms. I didn’t have any problems crossing the border.
This mishap has gone by unnoticed and I was able to get my new SIN number, driver’s licenses and all other identification without any issues and all saying the right information. That’s why it took me so long to notice. I checked the eCOPR and it indeed said “male” on the form but because that detail is minor and I have always said female in all my forms my eyes didn’t catch it when I verified the information.
Is this something that I should still look into changing? The IMM 5530 indicates a 60 day limit. I am way past that.
Contact IRCC ASAP to find out how you can get this corrected. I must admit that I've never heard of this happening, but means nothing because it has happened to you.

Good luck!

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
I think in Canada today, it don't matter. You can be male, female, both, neither, any of a number of variants and you can change every day if you like. In fact, it just might be a violation of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, s. 15, to even be asked to state one's sex on any government form. The fact that it appears on your PR card is no doubt an anachronism, a throwback to a dark, unenlightened time.

calgary17

Mar 11, 2017
London, ON
I would suggest to get it amended.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think in Canada today, it don't matter. You can be male, female, both, neither, any of a number of variants and you can change every day if you like. In fact, it just might be a violation of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms, s. 15, to even be asked to state one's sex on any government form. The fact that it appears on your PR card is no doubt an anachronism, a throwback to a dark, unenlightened time.
But what if it matters to the card holder? ;)