+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong Date of birth on citizenship application

khayaal

Dec 18, 2015
Hi,
I have a bit of a situation, I just completed my citizenship test and during the interview I found out that they had wrongly entered the date of birth. Further investigation and I found that they had wrongly mentioned DoB on my PR card too which I had recently renewed (6 months ago) I should have checked the DoB but ......... anyway, my stupidity.

My questions are:

1. What happens now? They said they will be able to change the date without issues and that it will not delay the process. Is that true?
2. At the interview, I was not asked to provide finger prints. Can they still ask me for finger prints through regular mail?
3. Should I get the PR card fixed with the correct DoB? The interviewer said that if I can wait until the Oath, and don't plan to travel, I should wait because the PR card renewal can take upto 60 days.

Appreciate any assistance you can provide.

P.S I should have realized about the date issue because every time I checked the status of my application, I would get an error. That was because it never accepted my original DoB and I never entered the wrong one. I tried it today with the wrong DoB and it worked :(