+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wrong COB on PR Card

trickski

Star Member
Aug 31, 2019
Category........
QSW
Hi,

I got my PR card recently but my Country of Birth is wrong (they listed it the same as my citizenship) . It was correct on the COPR. In my passport there’s no COB listed.

Does anyone have a recommendation if it’s important to get it amended ? And how long it takes?

Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi,

I got my PR card recently but my Country of Birth is wrong (they listed it the same as my citizenship) . It was correct on the COPR. In my passport there’s no COB listed.

Does anyone have a recommendation if it’s important to get it amended ? And how long it takes?

Thanks
There is no country of birth field on the pr card, so you are misreading something.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
There is on the back. COB
My mistake, I apologize, hadn't noticed that on back (and one of ours has that field filled with XXX) - and sorry, don't know the answer then. I strongly doubt it would matter for most purposes though - and quite possibly only agency or body that would ever pay attention to it would be IRCC.

That said, ideally should match info on your (foreign) passport; it is conceivable (however unlikely) that someone could claim that the documents don't match.

trickski

Star Member
Aug 31, 2019
Category........
QSW
My mistake, I apologize, hadn't noticed that on back (and one of ours has that field filled with XXX) - and sorry, don't know the answer then. I strongly doubt it would matter for most purposes though - and quite possibly only agency or body that would ever pay attention to it would be IRCC.

That said, ideally should match info on your (foreign) passport; it is conceivable (however unlikely) that someone could claim that the documents don't match.
Thanks a lot! Do you think it could cause any issue with renewing PR card / applying for citizenship in the future?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks a lot! Do you think it could cause any issue with renewing PR card / applying for citizenship in the future?
Important, only a guess - but no, I would not think so - IRCC should have files with the proper docs and you will have the originals anyway.

I was thinking more that in a rare, rare case an airline employee somewhere might think that somehow the discrepancy is significant and not just a typo.