+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Written confirmation from Citizenship and Immigration (eligible to apply for PR)

Canada224505

Jun 7, 2014
Written confirmation from Citizenship and Immigration Canada that you are eligible to apply for permanent residence in Canada.

Have anyone ever seen this document? Will I get it automatically if we've applied already for my wife sponsorship Outland?

Thanks.

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
no, outland applicants do not get this. this is what is called AIP (Approval in Principal) for inland applicants. only inland applicants get this letter. are you asking because you're trying to apply for a service/healthcare? if so, generally outland applicants are not eligible for these things, and will need to wait until approved for pr.

Canada224505

Jun 7, 2014
Thank you... Yup, this is for OHIP... jic, does it make any different if we applied outland while my wife has been in Canada for more than 1 year already (1y of working visa and currently as a visitor)? I mean kind of Ontario resident...

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
here's a link to the required document list. you'll have to click on the link and save the PDF file to open it up.

http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/FormDetail?openform&ENV=WWE&NO=014-9998E-82

can she provide 1 document from EACH list? if not, then she doesn't qualify for OHIP. They are very strict, and you must have 1 document from each list. while she may have been eligible while on her work visa, she most likely is not eligible as a visitor. it is very rare that a visitor can get OHIP eligibility. generally, that requires the person to apply, get rejected and then appeal the decision. the eligibility review board will contact CIC to determine whether they meet the PR eligibility requirement. it is very time consuming and does not guarantee coverage.

Canada224505

Jun 7, 2014
Thank you! The only documents from the firs group that I would try to get are

- Temporary Resident Permit (idk if we can apply for this one...)

- Written confirmation from Citizenship and Immigration (eligible to apply for PR) - which is mentioned above and looks like we cannot get it... But still maybe we can just request this document from CIC? To get something official-approval or deny...

Maybe last question: Does pregnancy can make any differences in this kind of case. Most likely no, but still wold like to get the second opinion...

Thank you!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Canada224505 said:
Thank you! The only documents from the firs group that I would try to get are

- Temporary Resident Permit (idk if we can apply for this one...)

- Written confirmation from Citizenship and Immigration (eligible to apply for PR) - which is mentioned above and looks like we cannot get it... But still maybe we can just request this document from CIC? To get something official-approval or deny...

Maybe last question: Does pregnancy can make any differences in this kind of case. Most likely no, but still wold like to get the second opinion...

Thank you!
1. more than likely she is not eligible for a TRP. i'm pretty sure that is for people who are otherwise inadmissable to canada, and must be applied for while not in canada.

2. no, CIC will not send you this letter, as it is not a standard part of the outland application. they will only confirm this information when it is requested by the eligibility review board.

3. no, pregnancy does not change anything. however, visitors CAN sign up for mid wife services in ontario. it's recommended to apply as soon as you know you're pregnant because there is a waiting list. otherwise, she can go to a doctor's office or clinic and pay the out of pocket fees. if you have a doctor already, you can call them to see if they offer services to those without ohip. most have sliding scales for payment, and visits are not that pricey.

MeryC

Feb 26, 2015
Hi there,

Can anybody help how can I request this written confirmation from IRCC? I am inland applicants waiting for PR. Not sure is that First stage of approval or not?

Many thanks

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Hi there,

Can anybody help how can I request this written confirmation from IRCC? I am inland applicants waiting for PR. Not sure is that First stage of approval or not?

Many thanks
Nope, you cannot request this from IRCC. AIP is definitely not the first part of the whole process, actually, it is almost the last part of the whole process, before they can finalize your application.

MeryC

Feb 26, 2015
Nope, you cannot request this from IRCC. AIP is definitely not the first part of the whole process, actually, it is almost the last part of the whole process, before they can finalize your application.
Thank you so much for your reply.