+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Written authorization from IRCC to visit pregnant daughter who is not Canadian PR but her spouse is Canadian PR

harnoorghuman

Aug 1, 2020
I want to visit my daughter in Canada because she is pregnant and expected to deliver in september. My son-in-law is Canadian PR but daughter is not. So do I need to get any written authorization from IRCC because my daughter is neither Canadian PR nor Citizen or will I be considered an immediate family member of a Canadian PR because my son-in-law is a Canadian PR. Also I have a valid visitor visa already.

Last edited:

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I want to visit my daughter in Canada because she is pregnant and expected to deliver in september. My son-in-law is Canadian PR but daughter is not. So do I need to get any written authorization from IRCC because my daughter is neither Canadian PR nor Citizen or will I be considered an immediate family member of a Canadian PR because my son-in-law is a Canadian PR. Also I have a valid visitor visa already.
As in the link provided above, you are NOT considered an immediate family member to your son-in-law, and since your daughter is neither a PR or citizen, you do need the authorization letter.

Reactions: canuck78

mashulia_26

Apr 6, 2018
You're not an immediate family member since your daughter is not a PR/citizen.

talgat1101

Star Member
Dec 19, 2019
Hello, I have valid work permit until August 24, 2021. Also I have applied for PR for all my family under the Atlantic Pilot Program. Due to Covid19 the process could take more time. My son 12 years old has valid TRV. I want him to come to live with me as we are immigrating to Canada. I need to request authorization letter for my son. Advice me please what should I write in detailed reason for travel? thank you