+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Written authorization from IRCC, been waiting for 3 weeks.

Amnoor86

Aug 25, 2020
Thanks guys, we are in desperate situation actullay . My sis applied for extension for visa in USA. We fear that these things will go longer. We do not want to jeopardize her status both in USA or in Canada. We all brother and sisters in USA and Canada on temporary visas. We do not want leave our mother alone in India in this difficult situation. Everybody knows what indian pandemic situation is.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks guys, we are in desperate situation actullay . My sis applied for extension for visa in USA. We fear that these things will go longer. We do not want to jeopardize her status both in USA or in Canada. We all brother and sisters in USA and Canada on temporary visas. We do not want leave our mother alone in India in this difficult situation. Everybody knows what indian pandemic situation is.
Parents are not viewed as immediate families in Canada so it unlikely she will get permission to travel. It is really spouses and children who are the ones who are able to ask for special permission to enter. Agree with Scylla that overstaying in the US creates big problems for your mother.

Leila623

Jun 13, 2012
Parents are not viewed as immediate families in Canada so it unlikely she will get permission to travel. It is really spouses and children who are the ones who are able to ask for special permission to enter. Agree with Scylla that overstaying in the US creates big problems for your mother.
For CIC website:
Who is an immediate family member
An immediate family member is defined as a

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
For CIC website:
Who is an immediate family member
An immediate family member is defined as a

A parent or step parent could be of a minor. In general parents of adults are not considered immediate family in most immigration matters. If so, parents would be able to immigrate with their adult children. Currently parents of PRs and citizens are allowed to enter Canada if they have a visa.

kmgk

Dec 17, 2019
If this is about the Request for Travel Exemption to Canada (Source Website), recently I was able to get my family to get an approval. I have a study permit, and my dad has a closed work permit.
We requested for my mom first on a Saturday, and got an approval on Tuesday, then we applied for my younger brother, and he was approved also within a week.
In the email, we sent their passport picture, my dads work permit, and a document proving that we are a family.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If this is about the Request for Travel Exemption to Canada (Source Website), recently I was able to get my family to get an approval. I have a study permit, and my dad has a closed work permit.
We requested for my mom first on a Saturday, and got an approval on Tuesday, then we applied for my younger brother, and he was approved also within a week.
In the email, we sent their passport picture, my dads work permit, and a document proving that we are a family.
We are talking about the parent of an adult child on a study permit who wants to enter as a visitor. The need to reunified is viewed very differently than spouses and their dependent children. In your case the parent also is on WP not entering as a visitor. Will still come down to CIC.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Hi, I also need a written authorization from IRCC,but I received a refused
Can I re-request again?
The authorization letter was refused or the TRV?

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
The authorization letter was refused or the TRV?
Did they reply to you by email or information letter in your GCKey account?

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
How did they all get the letter? What was the essential reason given?

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Got refused too via email,

your reasons for travelling are non-discretionary or non-optional.
I've seen someone applying and they got an information letter in their GCKey account saying they didn't meet the definition. No reply to the email asking for the letter. It was to visit children.