+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Written authorization from IRCC, been waiting for 3 weeks.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
On their website it says any application after April 09, 2020 need not contact by email. Below is from the website

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#authorization

If you need a visitor visa but haven’t applied for one yet
Follow the instructions for How to apply for a visitor visa. We’ll assess your reasons for travel and make a decision on your visitor visa and your written authorization at the same time.

Remember to submit evidence to show you’re eligible to travel at this time.
I stand corrected. Then I don't know when you see if you also got the special permission to travel. Confusing but one doesn't guarantee the other. Would wait and see you have only very recently received PPR.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I just received a refusal email. I don't know what they want.
One of the issues is that Canada is that your spouse applied for a TRV. Temporary visitors are not something that Canada wants due to covid. What essentially got her approved for the TRV likely got her refused for the special authorization. Is there a reason she didn't apply for an OWP? Still wouldn't have guaranteed approval but may have been better. What did you say in your application?

mdnaseershah

Apr 7, 2020
If this is about the Request for Travel Exemption to Canada (Source Website), recently I was able to get my family to get an approval. I have a study permit, and my dad has a closed work permit.
We requested for my mom first on a Saturday, and got an approval on Tuesday, then we applied for my younger brother, and he was approved also within a week.
In the email, we sent their passport picture, my dads work permit, and a document proving that we are a family.
May I know what reason did you provide

mdnaseershah

Apr 7, 2020
One of the issues is that Canada is that your spouse applied for a TRV. Temporary visitors are not something that Canada wants due to covid. What essentially got her approved for the TRV likely got her refused for the special authorization. Is there a reason she didn't apply for an OWP? Still wouldn't have guaranteed approval but may have been better. What did you say in your application?
On their website it says

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#temporary

To board your flight to Canada
You need
  • a valid visitor visa or eTA
  • a valid passport
  • to tell the airline that you’re exempt from the travel restrictions
  • to show an immigration officer that you’re coming for a non-discretionary purpose, such as to live with your spouse, common-law partner or family member
    • You’ll be refused an authorization if an officer finds that you’re travelling for an optional or discretionary purpose, such as for tourism, entertainment or recreation.
  • to have your health checked by airline officials to confirm that you don’t have symptoms of COVID-19, including a fever, a cough and difficulty breathing
    • Anyone showing symptoms will not be allowed to board a flight to Canada.
She applied for visitor visa as my work permit expires July 2021. For OWP my work permit must be valid for more than a year.

The explanation she gave is my medical reason and family reunification.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
On their website it says

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/immediate-family.html#temporary

You need
  • a valid passport
  • to show an immigration officer that you’re coming for a non-discretionary purpose, such as to live with your spouse, common-law partner or family member
    • You’ll be refused an authorization if an officer finds that you’re travelling for an optional or discretionary purpose, such as for tourism, entertainment or recreation.
  • to have your health checked by airline officials to confirm that you don’t have symptoms of COVID-19, including a fever, a cough and difficulty breathing
She applied for visitor visa as my work permit expires July 2021. For OWP my work permit must be valid for more than a year.

For authorization you have to show that you will be remaining long term versus short term since a short visit is not generally essential travel. You only need 6 months left to get a permit not 1 year but even with an OWP we have seen others be denied. in general I believe an OWP would be preferable than TRV for getting special authorization but doesn't guarantee approval. An OWP and job offer would. Not sure if you are comfortable elaborating but are you have surgery or a procedure that would change the situation since you have been managing your medical issue without your spouse. Do you have any family in Canada at the moment or are you alone in Canada? Getting the TRV was actually very lucky. Most spouses of Canadian citizens get denied.

Mo Prity

Dec 20, 2020
On their website it says

You need
  • a valid passport

Hi
I have a closed( employer- specific) work permit, visitors record & my TRV. Do I still need any other document to fly back to Canada cos the airline is saying I might need a form of exemption

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
I have a closed( employer- specific) work permit, visitors record & my TRV. Do I still need any other document to fly back to Canada cos the airline is saying I might need a form of exemption
Proof from your employer that you still have a job in Canada.

jeenu123

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
BC
Category........
Hi Guys, I am holding a work permit, and my parents are holding a visitor Visa, my kids are Canadian, Kids and their Grandparents planning return to Canada,
assuming my parents need an written authorization from IRCC, but I requested 3 weeks ago, still no reply yet, their website saying response within 5 days, is someone here on the same boat?
I am in similar situation. Did u get authorization from ircc for your parents as immediate family member of temporary resident? What reason you mentioned under essential travel?