Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
winnycanada said:
for the sign off part, can we use our REAL name?????????????? or no?!
No, we should not write any name. U can use dot dot.
For example,

Sincerely yours, or Yours faithfully

.................. ........................

winnycanada

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr.Hasib said:
No, we should not write any name. U can use dot dot.
For example,

Sincerely yours, or Yours faithfully

.................. ........................

are you sure.

i have seen some examples on the ielts that have names...? or can we use any fictitious names like John, Andy, etc.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
YES!!!
I am sure and i did this in my exam, got 8 in writing module!!
some prefer to write their nick name but the rule i follow is ideal...

Regards,
Dr.Hasib

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
Writing task #2

Sample writing of Persuasion topic

" Some people say that schools should teach discipline and the difference between the right and wrong ideas; while others believe it should be the parents' responsibility. Do you agree or disagree?"

Nowadays upbringing of children plays an essential role in societies there have recently been many controversial regarding type of nurture. Some people say that children should learn discipline and the difference between the right and wrong ideas from their parents. People in favor of this view argue that it is responsibility of parents, others, however disagree & support that these are the duties of the school staff. I personally do believe that any parents should teach the principle of life to their children (MENTION YOUR OPINION)

To begin with, it seems to me the relationship between children and parents is stronger rather than relationship between students and teachers of school. In spite of the fact that children love their teachers, they tend to connect with their fathers or mothers, The last survey in 2006 that has done by HME Parents Center shows parents are more reliable than teachers for 75% of the students of the 50 primary / secondary schools.Secondly and more importantly, Children spend more time at home instead of school. So parents have enough time to teach discipline and the difference between the right and wrong ideas. People generally believe that children can learn important things if their parents make a good pattern of their behaviors. In addition, parents recognize the personality and characterization of their children very well compared to the teachers.

There are arguments against teaching discipline and the difference between the right and wrong ideas is responsibility of parents. Many people feel that most of the parents work out of home. They are too busy and have not enough time for their children. Furthermore, some of the parents are not literate and may be they have not sufficient knowledge on this matter. For instance, a father who has mental or spiritual disease cannot teach as well as a teacher.

All in all, from what has been discussed above, I firmly hold that parent should teach discipline and the difference between the right and wrong ideas and it is a responsibility of them.However, schools have to pay more attention to teach academic matters to students.

winnycanada

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr.Hasib said:
YES!!!
I am sure and i did this in my exam, got 8 in writing module!!
some prefer to write their nick name but the rule i follow is ideal...

Regards,
Dr.Hasib
so why did u get an 8, instead of a 9 , or 8.5. any feelings or thoughts?

winnycanada

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr.Hasib said:
I got some valuable info for writing from various sites. I am sharing it with you.
Writing task 2

• For argument – you need to explain both sides and agree with one of them
i have to challenge your point by providing a sample from ielts written by an examiner as a very good answer where the writer did not agree to any side completely. see sample

The issue of children doing paid work is a complex and sensitive one. It is difficult to
say who has the right to judge whether children working is ‘wrong' or ‘valuable'.
Opinions will also differ as to ‘learning' benefits: no doubt teachers and factory owners,
for example, would have varying concerns.
An important consideration is the kind of work undertaken. Young children doing
arduous and repetitive tasks on a factory production line, for example, are less likely to
be ‘learning' than older children helping in an old people's home. There are health and
safety issues to be considered as well. It is an unfortunate fact that many employers
may prefer to use the services of children simply to save money by paying them less
than adults and it is this type of exploitation that should be discouraged.
However, in many countries children work because their families need the additional
income, no matter how small. This was certainly the case in the past in many
industrialized countries, and it is very difficult to judge that it is wrong for children today
to contribute to the family income in this way.
Nevertheless, in better economic circumstances, few parents would choose to send
their children out to full-time paid work. If learning responsibilities and work experience
are considered to be important, then chitdren can acquire these by having light, parttime
jobs or even doing tasks such as helping their parents around the family home,
which are unpaid, but undoubtedly of value in children's development.

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
winnycanada said:
so why did u get an 8, instead of a 9 , or 8.5. any feelings or thoughts?
Are you serious? thinking of 9 in writing mdule? i am not native english speaker!!!!
Hope you will get 9!!!

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
winnycanada said:
i have to challenge your point by providing a sample from ielts written by an examiner as a very good answer where the writer did not agree to any side completely. see sample

The issue of children doing paid work is a complex and sensitive one. It is difficult to
say who has the right to judge whether children working is ‘wrong' or ‘valuable'.
Opinions will also differ as to ‘learning' benefits: no doubt teachers and factory owners,
for example, would have varying concerns.
An important consideration is the kind of work undertaken. Young children doing
arduous and repetitive tasks on a factory production line, for example, are less likely to
be ‘learning' than older children helping in an old people's home. There are health and
safety issues to be considered as well. It is an unfortunate fact that many employers
may prefer to use the services of children simply to save money by paying them less
than adults and it is this type of exploitation that should be discouraged.
However, in many countries children work because their families need the additional
income, no matter how small. This was certainly the case in the past in many
industrialized countries, and it is very difficult to judge that it is wrong for children today
to contribute to the family income in this way.
Nevertheless, in better economic circumstances, few parents would choose to send
their children out to full-time paid work. If learning responsibilities and work experience
are considered to be important, then chitdren can acquire these by having light, parttime
jobs or even doing tasks such as helping their parents around the family home,
which are unpaid, but undoubtedly of value in children's development.
I clearly mentioned that those samples are taken from various websites....those are not my words.
If u find any other format of writing task #2 then follow that format.

regards,
Dr.Hasib

winnycanada

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr.Hasib said:
Are you serious? thinking of 9 in writing mdule? i am not native english speaker!!!!
Hope you will get 9!!!
i knew this might cause some confusion or misunderstanding, but yes non-natives can get 8.5...

winnycanada

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr.Hasib said:
I clearly mentioned that those samples are taken from various websites....those are not my words.
If u find any other format of writing task #2 then follow that format.

regards,
Dr.Hasib
Right. Thanks. Just a reminder for some of us ...

by the way, do you have any update information about the recent trend of IELTS? some ppl say it is getting more difficult? is this true?

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
winnycanada said:
i knew this might cause some confusion or misunderstanding, but yes non-natives can get 8.5...
well, i sat for IELTS to get 6.5 in writing module(6.5= 4 points), and fortunately i got 8!!
And i am very much happy with it.
And YES IELTS is getitng difficult day by day...ARE YOU PLANNING TO GET 9 IN EACH MODULE??

winnycanada

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr.Hasib said:
well, i sat for IELTS to get 6.5 in writing module(6.5= 4 points), and fortunately i got 8!!
And i am very much happy with it.
And YES IELTS is getitng difficult day by day...ARE YOU PLANNING TO GET 9 IN EACH MODULE??
9 is always our goal, but i doubt examiners will ever think of giving 9 to anyone lol except for lis and read

how difficult compared to cam. ielts1-7 or compared to what where can i see recent authentic exams? any idea?

Dr.Hasib

VIP Member
Jul 1, 2010
Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
winnycanada said:
9 is always our goal, but i doubt examiners will ever think of giving 9 to anyone lol except for lis and read

how difficult compared to cam. ielts1-7 or compared to what where can i see recent authentic exams? any idea?
Cam1-7 is actually previous IELTS exam questions.
So, winny, when you are planning to sit for the TEST? Instead of wasting your time, TAKE the test and show the world that u can get 9!!!

regards,
Dr.Hasib

winnycanada

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr.Hasib said:
Cam1-7 is actually previous IELTS exam questions.
So, winny, when you are planning to sit for the TEST? Instead of wasting your time, TAKE the test and show the world that u can get 9!!!

regards,
Dr.Hasib
Dear Dr. Hasib,
Hey. We are not here to argue lol... i was just asking which parts become more diff. as some others here mentioned... 9 is always possible for reading and listening since they are objective sections... am i right?