Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Thinking about writing a letter to the minister of immigration and copying it to the Prime Minister as well as the critic of immigration about our denial for a visa as we see several mistakes in the reasons used in the letter we received supporting the denial Has anyone done this with any success ??????

M

mikeymyke

Writing a letter to the ministers won't do anything. The good news is, if you're saying they made a lot of mistakes in the refusal, you should have a very easy time at the appeal.

If on the other hand, your refusal was due to anything about relationship not being genuine, him giving vague answers, etc, you're going to have to prove to them your relationship is genuine with lots of new evidence.

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014
Of course they used the not genuine reason as it is taken directly from the immigration act. One of the statements made to my husband at the beginning of the interview from the Cuban agent was "this woman is too old for you" I am 68 and mu husband is 55. She asked what my status was when we met in 2010 and he said I was divorced and she said no she was a widow. I was divorced in 1993 and was so when we met and had to show proof of that when we married in 2013. She asked where my Father lived and he said Nova Scotia and she said he was dead and that he was from Charleston. My husband had no idea that my Father had died in Jan of 2013 as I had not told him My Father and I were estranged and I never spoke about that with my husband. She said his answers were vague for someone who knew me for 6 years which really is a stretch as when we met at a Resort that he was a night Chef at we only chatted after work for an hr after his work while he was waiting for his bus. We were only friends and had no romantic attachment. We did not have a Romantic relationship until 2013 when when we spent everyday together and he asked me to marry him. This info was in my application. I sincerely think this agent was looking at the wrong file or had us mixed up with some else's. Over the last 6 years I have lived with this man for a year in a casa I have washed his clothes by hand, I have cleaned rice, black beans and washed dishes and lived as a Cuban wife would. I see no valid reason for a denial. We are not teenagers and both have previous marriages and relationships. I travelled to Cuba with my Mother since 1993 and never ever thought of making friends with a Cuban and certainly thought I would never marry again. I knew after writing letters and cards to my husband that we were becoming more than just friends. I had no hesitation when he asked me to marry him. We will celebrate 3 years of marriage Sept 26,2016. Travelling every couple of months to Cuba to be with him is financially draining as well as emotionally draining when I have to leave him and come home. I am in PEI and the appeal will be in Montreal and we may have to wait 2-3 years for an ADR if one is granted. I am looking for a solution quicker than that as we are not getting any younger LOL

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
i would imagine sending in another application with explanation of the discrepancies in the previous application as well as information about what happened at the interview would prove quicker than appealing. have you tried contacting your MP (member of parliament) office for help?

Kashfool76

Apr 30, 2016
CDNPR2014 said:
i would imagine sending in another application with explanation of the discrepancies in the previous application as well as information about what happened at the interview would prove quicker than appealing. have you tried contacting your MP (member of parliament) office for help?
Your relationship looks like genuine. With a good lawyer you can negotiate for ADR. It shouldn't take so long.
Anomalies as shown in your GCMS notes must have to be resolved in order to get a positive result.

Good luck!

yijiequ

Feb 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2016
AOR Received.
22-04-2016
File Transfer...
13-06-2016
you heard of CBC GO PUBLIC? http://www.cbc.ca/news/gopublic

there might be many cases like yours.

Galano1213 said:
Of course they used the not genuine reason as it is taken directly from the immigration act. One of the statements made to my husband at the beginning of the interview from the Cuban agent was "this woman is too old for you" I am 68 and mu husband is 55. She asked what my status was when we met in 2010 and he said I was divorced and she said no she was a widow. I was divorced in 1993 and was so when we met and had to show proof of that when we married in 2013. She asked where my Father lived and he said Nova Scotia and she said he was dead and that he was from Charleston. My husband had no idea that my Father had died in Jan of 2013 as I had not told him My Father and I were estranged and I never spoke about that with my husband. She said his answers were vague for someone who knew me for 6 years which really is a stretch as when we met at a Resort that he was a night Chef at we only chatted after work for an hr after his work while he was waiting for his bus. We were only friends and had no romantic attachment. We did not have a Romantic relationship until 2013 when when we spent everyday together and he asked me to marry him. This info was in my application. I sincerely think this agent was looking at the wrong file or had us mixed up with some else's. Over the last 6 years I have lived with this man for a year in a casa I have washed his clothes by hand, I have cleaned rice, black beans and washed dishes and lived as a Cuban wife would. I see no valid reason for a denial. We are not teenagers and both have previous marriages and relationships. I travelled to Cuba with my Mother since 1993 and never ever thought of making friends with a Cuban and certainly thought I would never marry again. I knew after writing letters and cards to my husband that we were becoming more than just friends. I had no hesitation when he asked me to marry him. We will celebrate 3 years of marriage Sept 26,2016. Travelling every couple of months to Cuba to be with him is financially draining as well as emotionally draining when I have to leave him and come home. I am in PEI and the appeal will be in Montreal and we may have to wait 2-3 years for an ADR if one is granted. I am looking for a solution quicker than that as we are not getting any younger LOL

Galano1213

Jun 30, 2013
PEI
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana Cuba
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Med's Done....
23-04-2014