+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Writing Task-1 Letter writing test

CanadaPal1

Sep 30, 2009
Hi,

In the letter writing test, I did not put "Dear Sir or Madam" and straight-away started the letter. Also, in the end just wrote - "Thanks for your....", <my name>. I mean did not say - "yours sincerely etc.

Considering that everything else in letter was good, what grade can I expect ? Any clues appreciated !
Thanks!

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That depends on the general construction of your letter; grammar, spelling etc.

Your mark is subject to the markers interpretation of your work vis-a-vis the IELTS instructions.

Be patient for the result.

CanadaPal1

Sep 30, 2009
MY IELTS scoes are out

Friends,

My IELTS score are like this -

Listening - 6.5
Reading - 8.0
Writing - 7.0
Speaking - 8.0

Can anybody please tell me the points I get for language ? Considering that I am good with the points on other areas, does anybody honestly feel that I have need to give IELTS again ?

Thanks!
CanadaPal1

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: MY IELTS scoes are out

CanadaPal1 said:
Friends,

My IELTS score are like this -

Listening - 6.5 -2 Points
Reading - 8.0 - 4 Points
Writing - 7.0 - 4 points
Speaking - 8.0 - 4 Points

Can anybody please tell me the points I get for language ? Considering that I am good with the points on other areas, does anybody honestly feel that I have need to give IELTS again ?

If you can live with 14 points, then you are fine. If you however need 16 points, then you may...........

Thanks!
CanadaPal1

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaPal1,

That's great, you have done well. Two short of the maximum points. Hope that will be sufficient for your points for eligibility?