Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wifedoctor said:
When you apply for PR wouldn't you be able to also apply for an open work permit?

Your employer seems dodgy, forgetting passwords and so on. Apply without LMIA, get an open work permit, and you can continue to work on implied status until you get your OWP or PR.

You shouldn't pay the 1000$ it is specifically stated on the website, and it is actually a question on the LMIA application!!
I dnt think we can apply open work permit while applying Lmia, can we?

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaiveer Singh said:
Read the instructions carefully, you have to advertised on local newspaper too
1 method, national in scope, that's jobbank and 1 or more of the following:
print media (national or provincial/territorial newspapers, national journals, magazines with national coverage, specialized journals, professional associations magazines, newsletters, etc.);
general employment websites (canadastop100.com, vault.com, workopolis.com, monster.ca, etc.); and,
specialized websites dedicated to specific occupation profiles (e.g. accounting, marketing, biotechnology, education, engineering, etc.)

But it doesn't say, that the print media is a must.

To meet the minimum advertising requirements set by the Program, employers must advertise:

On the national Job Bank or its provincial/territorial counterpart in British Columbia, Saskatchewan, the Northwest Territories, Quebec or Newfoundland and Labrador
The advertisement must be posted for a minimum of 4 weeks starting from the first day the ad appears and is accessible to the general public.
The advertisement must remain posted to actively seek qualified Canadians and permanent residents until the date a labour market opinion is issued.
Using 2 or more additional methods of recruitment consistent with the normal practice for the occupation.
as a minimum, employers must choose one method that is national in scope, since people in higher-skilled positions are often mobile and willing to re-locate for work; and
employers can choose one or more recruitment methods among these:
print media (national or provincial/territorial newspapers, national journals, magazines with national coverage, specialized journals, professional associations magazines, newsletters, etc.);
general employment websites (canadastop100.com, vault.com, workopolis.com, monster.ca, etc.); and,
specialized websites dedicated to specific occupation profiles (e.g. accounting, marketing, biotechnology, education, engineering, etc.)
The advertisement must be posted for a minimum of 4 weeks starting from the first day the ad appears and is accessible to the general public.

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaiveer Singh said:
I dnt think we can apply open work permit while applying Lmia, can we?
No, open work permits are for recent graduates only, they cannot be extended.

A.B.123

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wifedoctor said:
When you apply for PR wouldn't you be able to also apply for an open work permit?
No, I can't apply for an open work permit while applying for PR. Bridging work permit is a different thing and not an option for me since my wp expires before I get an AOR to become eligible for bridging WP.

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A.B.123 said:
No, I can't apply for an open work permit while applying for PR. Bridging work permit is a different thing and not an option for me since my wp expires before I get an AOR to become eligible for bridging WP.
I do not want to mislead may be they have changed the criteria but when i was applying LmIA they clearly said one is national in scope and one is provincial. Local newspapers and job bank is must and 3rd source can be free website or monster.com.

I would suggest you to consult with experts who are in lmia process already. Go to foreign workers option and you will get plenty of posts on lmia

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A.B.123 said:
pfff, he is supposed to pay for that, that's even in the rules issued by ESDC. whay would I pay for it? it's Canada and not some corrupted country, right?
http://www.esdc.gc.ca/eng/jobs/foreign_workers/higher_skilled/permanent/index.shtml
Yes he is supposed to, only if he wants you stay there :)
If he is not willing or he does not bother whether u have to leave or not and you don't want to pay just $1500 then don't complain :)

Oh god I am trying to get an employer who can help me to get LMIA.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
its not about complaining about paying $1000 if the employer won't do it, its the fact that its not allowed for the applicant to pay that fee. Even if you offer, they cannot let you. LMIA's are employer driven, its the employer telling the government they need you. They cannot ask you to pay that fee when they're the one trying to prove they need to employ you. that's before we get into all the trouble associated with what could be perceived as bribery..
If any of you are paying that fee, you need to report the employer for abusing the system. Don't let any dodgy employer take advantage of the fact you want to move here.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Better option is to apply for visitor visa and stay here for 6 months until pr process is going on. As LMIA is tough to get.