+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WOW ! KEEP ON GOING NEW DELHI

LW

Aug 20, 2009
Yes they will issue a new passport for the new photo, and the passport will have a new number. Try and get the passport done under "tatkal" in which case you should get the new passport back fairly quick.

Now the only form in the application set that contains the child passport number is the "application for permanent residence" form (IMM0008egen). So you can send an updated version of this form with the changed passport no (and expiry date), and mention the reason for the change in a cover letter - thats what I have done.

The letter I received from delhi asking me to update the child photo also asked to resend copies of all passports, so I sent attested copies of the new child passport along with attested copies of our passport (even though we had sent it before).

canadaforall

Champion Member
Aug 11, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30th January 2009
Doc's Request.
February .12 .2009
AOR Received.
30. 08.2009
IELTS Request
no
File Transfer...
Med's Request
march 27th 2012
Med's Done....
5 april 2012
Interview........
waved
Passport Req..
March 27th 2912
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi Lw,
I read through your post about passport of a minor. I am a little confused because my baby is below 10years she can only travel with me since her picture is in my passport.

I sent my full application in June and still waiting for AOR. In my application my passport carries the baby's picture so the baby does not own a passport.

I hope this will be ok.

Please i need Advice from the members of the forum. If the baby must own a passport as an individual? Or the picture on my passport is ok?

Waiting patiently.

Canadaforall.

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
yep; I second sanjeevindia's view.
I am surprised one is allowed to travel without a passport; and that father's passport contains a child photograph!!

LW, better start off with the passport process for your child rightaway... it would take its time by the time you have some RPRF request.

all the best.

cheers boltz...

Just curious, which country are you from? want to know which country follows this process of having the minor's photo in parent's passport.

joy4u

Jun 12, 2009
boltz said:
yep; I second sanjeevindia's view.
I am surprised one is allowed to travel without a passport; and that father's passport contains a child photograph!!

LW, better start off with the passport process for your child rightaway... it would take its time by the time you have some RPRF request.

all the best.

cheers boltz...

Just curious, which country are you from? want to know which country follows this process of having the minor's photo in parent's passport.
canadaforall,

The child needs a separate passport as she will need a visa which will be stamped only in her separate passport.

Boltz,

Many countries have this practice. Minor children can be included in either of the parents' passport. This is valid.

LW

Aug 20, 2009
Canadaforall, yes you need a separate passport for the child as the others say. You may as well apply now, I'm sure you will receive a letter from Delhi soon asking for a separate child passport.

Thanks Boltz, yes we moved fast on the updated child passport. It's already issued and we sent copies to Delhi last Friday. RPRF is already done since per new Delhi rules, we send it along with the full application, I already received a receipt for it. Medicals also done. Awaiting PPR now (hopefully).

sharma77

Aug 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2009
AOR Received.
28-05-2009
File Transfer...
02-06-2009
Med's Done....
07-08-2009
Passport Req..
08-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2009
LANDED..........
yeh on 19 june,2010 canada is amazing
YESTERDAY I APPLIED FOR A NEW PASSPORT OF MY MINOR KID FOR APPEANCE CHANGE REQUEST. M TENSE NOW. DONT KNOW HOW MUCH TIME WILL IT TAKE FOR A NEW PASSPORT. I HAVE ONLY 45 DAYS STARTING FROM 17.8.09 TO SEND PASSPORTS AGAIN TO NEW DELHI CHC.

joy4u

Jun 12, 2009
sharma77 said:
YESTERDAY I APPLIED FOR A NEW PASSPORT OF MY MINOR KID FOR APPEANCE CHANGE REQUEST. M TENSE NOW. DONT KNOW HOW MUCH TIME WILL IT TAKE FOR A NEW PASSPORT. I HAVE ONLY 45 DAYS STARTING FROM 17.8.09 TO SEND PASSPORTS AGAIN TO NEW DELHI CHC.
You must be having the receipt from the passport office. Immediately send a letter stating that you have already applied for a new passport for the child for appearance change and will send it to them once you receive. Send this letter along with the copy of the receipt and a copy of CHC's letter asking for that. Do not worry, it will work. This has worked for me regarding PCC while sending full application.

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sharma77 said:
did u opt for tatkal scheme or not? if yes, then don't worry. u'll get ur passport very soon.

sharma77

Aug 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2009
AOR Received.
28-05-2009
File Transfer...
02-06-2009
Med's Done....
07-08-2009
Passport Req..
08-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2009
LANDED..........
sanjeevindia said:
sharma77 said:
did u opt for tatkal scheme or not? if yes, then don't worry. u'll get ur passport very soon.
TATKAAL SCHEEM IS NOT VALID FOR MISLENEOUS SERVICES LIKE THIS CHANGE OF APPEANACE IN A MINOR KID. ANYWAYS M GOING TO MEET RPO ON FRIDAY ALONG WITH EMBESSY LETTER.

sanjeevindia

Jul 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sharma77 said:
sanjeevindia said:
sharma77 said:
TATKAAL SCHEEM IS NOT VALID FOR MISLENEOUS SERVICES LIKE THIS CHANGE OF APPEANACE IN A MINOR KID. ANYWAYS M GOING TO MEET RPO ON FRIDAY ALONG WITH EMBESSY LETTER.
but u could have surrendered the old passport and applied for a fresh rather than filing for service. anyways best of luck.

sharma77

Aug 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2009
AOR Received.
28-05-2009
File Transfer...
02-06-2009
Med's Done....
07-08-2009
Passport Req..
08-10-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2009
LANDED..........
not sure about it. they have taken the old passport too. today i sent a letter to chc-nd stating my possition and sent them passport office cash recipt too. hope for the best

hangza

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sharma77 said:
not sure about it. they have taken the old passport too. today i sent a letter to chc-nd stating my possition and sent them passport office cash recipt too. hope for the best
Dont worry you will get your son's passport soon. They will issue the new passport that's why they have kept the old one.

All the best. GOD BLESS ALL.

rgds,
hangza