=
Passport Req..
April fools day 2010
VISA ISSUED...
6 July REALY HOT CANADIAN DAY
LANDED..........
Happily ever after ............
Hi,
The letter I received from Sydney CIU is nothing like what I read on the forums, the tone of which is very ......... direct, here is an example:

the letter starts with instructions for the next step then it says:

You have 120 days from the date of this letter to prepare and submit these forms and supporting documentation. If your full application is not received within this time, we will assume you are longer interested in immigrating to Canada and we will close your file.
Documents must be submitted in a SINGLE package. Do not submit any documents until you have prepared the enire package. We will make decision on your application on the basis of the documents you provide at that time.
Until we have received your completed application, we will not accept, respond to, or attach to your file any interimcorrespondence, EXCEPT: (then they go on to mention address change or change of representative, withdrawing the application or submission of arranged emplyment in Canada.

then it gives advice on preparing yourself for immigration to Canada
attached was the receipt for the visa

chefumang

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
congrats for the letter . when did u apply to ciu and when u received the letter. as i send my papers on 10 dec , but still no news from there side.

thanks

canadastan said:
Hi,
The letter I received from Sydney CIU is nothing like what I read on the forums, the tone of which is very ......... direct, here is an example:

the letter starts with instructions for the next step then it says:

You have 120 days from the date of this letter to prepare and submit these forms and supporting documentation. If your full application is not received within this time, we will assume you are longer interested in immigrating to Canada and we will close your file.
Documents must be submitted in a SINGLE package. Do not submit any documents until you have prepared the enire package. We will make decision on your application on the basis of the documents you provide at that time.
Until we have received your completed application, we will not accept, respond to, or attach to your file any interimcorrespondence, EXCEPT: (then they go on to mention address change or change of representative, withdrawing the application or submission of arranged emplyment in Canada.

then it gives advice on preparing yourself for immigration to Canada
attached was the receipt for the visa

canadastan

Star Member
Dec 17, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2008
Doc's Request.
22-12-2008
Med's Done....
04-02-2010
Interview........
=
Passport Req..
April fools day 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
AlberMex and cchabert

thanks your words are encourging,
I was comparing "Documents must be submitted in a SINGLE package. Do not submit any documents until you have prepared the enire package" what i read on the forum of people just faxing in their completed degrees to be attached to their files.

I am applting to London Center (middle east)

chefumang

time line and disccussion here:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/rupeshhari-ciu-sydney-ns-reply-and-issues-t14023.0.html

good luck

A

adnan_hsn

Bear in mind, government employees want things sweet and simple.

chefumang

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
i send my application from cayman islands . its in carribbean close to jamaica. on 10 dec. still waiting . is end by govt registered post.

rupeshhari said:
Chefumang, from where did you send in your application? I sent in mine on the 10th by normal post from the US.

chefumang

Star Member
Jan 14, 2009
i checked at the bank and they said my draft has not been cashed as of yet. does anyone know how to contact ciu sydney to confirm if they have received my application.

canadastan

Star Member
Dec 17, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2008
Doc's Request.
22-12-2008
Med's Done....
04-02-2010
Interview........
=
Passport Req..
April fools day 2010
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
adnan_hsn said:
well I read in this forum of people getting mail saying are you still interested in immigrating, here the letter says 120 days and you are out!
a change of tone?

Canadastan

ss123

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
different situation.

for those applications that have been pending for 2 years- they are finding out if people are still interested. A lot can change in 2 years..

for newer applicants- its 4 months. I believe 4 months is reasonable. people should start gathering documents before they initially start the process to speed it up for themselves.. let the government be the cog or slow mover in the process not the applicant.

canadastan said:
adnan_hsn said:
well I read in this forum of people getting mail saying are you still interested in immigrating, here the letter says 120 days and you are out!
a change of tone?

Canadastan

Fran81

Mar 18, 2009
Well if it says "gives advice on preparing yourself for immigration to Canada attached was the receipt for the visa" I really don't care if they're strict or not hehe, congrats!