+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wow..1 month and COPR received

denokarter

Mar 11, 2015
Sorry guys

Does anybody know what i need to bring to the Niagara falls rainbow bridge for flag pooling ?

All she needs to bring is her passport and COPR ?

Do i need to bring anything ? maybe proof of income to show i can support her ?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
denokarter said:
Sorry guys

Does anybody know what i need to bring to the Niagara falls rainbow bridge for flag pooling ?

All she needs to bring is her passport and COPR ?
yes, she only needs her copr and passport. if she is declaring any items or will be bringing them in the future, she needs to fill out the B4 (recently renumbered) form. 1 for items declaring at landing and 1 for goods to follow (if any)

denokarter said:
Do i need to bring anything ? maybe proof of income to show i can support her ?
no. more than likely you won't even be involved in the landing process. she will be the one that talks to the agent and signs the form, and from my landing experience you'll be told to sit and wait. they really don't do anything with the sponsor. basically you're only there for moral support.

S_and_C

Star Member
Apr 12, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11, 2016 (recd June 13 by CIC)
AOR Received.
June 30, 2016
File Transfer...
SA: August 11, 2016
Med's Done....
Up Front: May 5, 2016
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
kitty_T said:
Hi S_and_C

i dont want to discourage you in anyway, but ijust want you also to take into consideration your application might take longer.

ithink denokarter's application was processed in Ottawa. their processing its way to fast than other offices.
having said that, iam in the September application group and only a few Manila's visa applicants have received their PPR. and this only happend in May. please check it out if you have time and also check the Manila timeline thread. it will give you a good indication of how long you should expect.

am hoping you get processed quicker, and the officer who processes your app will be fast.
good luck, try submitting everything at once.
Hi kitty_T. Yes I realize that, I was just joking about the processing time, but I was amazed it was that quick. :) We will have a very complete application like you describe, medicals are up front, everything on the requirements list, planning to pay all fees up front, receiving her new passport next week with her married name etc. We are also going to try for a TRV so she can visit while processing, so that will be the next challenge.

With regards to processing time, I am just hoping that some measures have been taken in the past few months since the Liberals took office to speed up processing for everyone, and that once ours gets in the queue it will be sped up by then.

Thanks and good luck on your app as well. :)

cheng9999

Dec 14, 2015
S_and_C said:
Hi kitty_T. Yes I realize that, I was just joking about the processing time, but I was amazed it was that quick. :) We will have a very complete application like you describe, medicals are up front, everything on the requirements list, planning to pay all fees up front, receiving her new passport next week with her married name etc. We are also going to try for a TRV so she can visit while processing, so that will be the next challenge.

With regards to processing time, I am just hoping that some measures have been taken in the past few months since the Liberals took office to speed up processing for everyone, and that once ours gets in the queue it will be sped up by then.

If the events were told correctly, then the whole thing, Sponsorship and PR parts, got through in a bit over 1 month. I would assume that everything was provided upfront, include FBI report, in order for this to happen.

Very happy for the applicant

That this happens is exactly why people come here for help or vent their frustration. It shows that CIC is capable of doing things quickly for straightforward cases with everything submitted upfront, but chooses not to. It shows that an officer should be able to "touch" someone's files, but there are those whose files do not get touched for months, sometimes over 1 year.

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
cheng9999 said:
That this happens is exactly why people come here for help or vent their frustration. It shows that CIC is capable of doing things quickly for straightforward cases with everything submitted upfront, but chooses not to. It shows that an officer should be able to "touch" someone's files, but there are those whose files do not get touched for months, sometimes over 1 year.
+1, finally someone else who understands what the problem is.

my file has been at London VO for nearly 4 months, and it's still sitting on a shelf somewhere. maybe an officer will decide to pick it up in the next 1-2 months, or maybe it'll fall behind the shelf and just sit there collecting dust for 24 months (which is CIC's posted timeline for pakistani applicants) while my wife and i continue living separate lives away from each other.

gabba50

Mar 16, 2016
Calgary,AB
Category........
Visa Office......
DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2016
AOR Received.
30-03-2016
File Transfer...
05-04-2016
Med's Done....
13-01-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
16-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-08-2016
LANDED..........
11-09-2016
flx2015 said:
+1, finally someone else who understands what the problem is.

my file has been at London VO for nearly 4 months, and it's still sitting on a shelf somewhere. maybe an officer will decide to pick it up in the next 1-2 months, or maybe it'll fall behind the shelf and just sit there collecting dust for 24 months (which is CIC's posted timeline for pakistani applicants) while my wife and i continue living separate lives away from each other.
They should increase the fees( If they lack funds) but process faster!! ??? ??? ??? :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :( :( :(

flx2015

Champion Member
Jul 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Dec-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Sept-2016
Med's Request
16-Sept-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-Oct-2016
gabba50 said:
They should increase the fees( If they lack funds) but process faster!! ??? ??? ??? :mad: :mad: :mad: :( :( :( :(
i don't know, maybe it isn't as simple as that. my MP keeps telling me that CIC has gone through a lot of budget cuts and is understaffed at some of their overseas visa offices, so maybe that's the reason why some VOs seem to be moving at a snail's pace.

what pains me is that i can't visit my wife because i don't have vacation days at my job, and my wife can't visit me because they refuse to give her a visit visa. don't know how much more of this uncertainty i can take.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
WOAH! Is that typical of US Outland now???

Decoy24601

Champion Member
Aug 13, 2015
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
28-04-2016
File Transfer...
SA 27-05-2016
Med's Done....
23-03-2016 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
07-06-2016
LANDED..........
06-07-2016
keesio said:
WOAH! Is that typical of US Outland now???
Probably, it's too soon to tell still. Two US applicants through Ottawa have their COPRs from April. My application is already "in process" with a 3rd line only days after SA. More and more applicants from other countries are being forwarded to Ottawa instead of their expected VOs as well. I think the CIC is trying to take its first steps in reducing backlogs.

kitty_T

Star Member
Sep 11, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2015
Doc's Request.
24-12-2015/ 02-03-2016
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
19-11-2015
Med's Request
upfront- received 02-04-2016
Med's Done....
10-03-2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
26-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-05-2016
LANDED..........
27-06-2016
S_and_C said:

ok cool. glad.

someone once mentioned that it is a good idea to apply for a TRV after sponsorship approval? dont know how true it is
check this thread, maybe you will find it helpful
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visitor-visa-grantedwife-of-pr-t273759.0.html

S_and_C

Star Member
Apr 12, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
June 30, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
kitty_T said:
ok cool. glad.

someone once mentioned that it is a good idea to apply for a TRV after sponsorship approval? dont know how true it is
check this thread, maybe you will find it helpful
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/visitor-visa-grantedwife-of-pr-t273759.0.html
Thanks kitty_T, yes I read that thread before and got some ideas from it, essentially applying for TRV should include much of the same information as the PRV, and a very detailed letter of invitation and purpose of travel explanation. I've also seen it's best to wait for SA, however if it takes 40 days (calendar or business?) that's just another wait that I just don't want to wait for. Once we get our PRV in process I will see how long it takes, maybe we'll be lucky and they will skip the AOR and give us SA within a few weeks, and then we can apply for the TRV in earnest. The inconsistency in processing between VOs as people have replied, 1 month for COPR to months of waiting and not even an AOR, it's ridiculous really. Anyway, all the remaining documents we need are in the mail so I hope to get them sometime this week. :)

Thanks again for the link and take care,
S_and_C

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
gabba50 said:
CIC actually returns a surplus back to the govt. Last year 150 million. in other words they have lots of money.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
S_and_C said:
Thanks kitty_T, yes I read that thread before and got some ideas from it, essentially applying for TRV should include much of the same information as the PRV, and a very detailed letter of invitation and purpose of travel explanation. I've also seen it's best to wait for SA, however if it takes 40 days (calendar or business?) that's just another wait that I just don't want to wait for. Once we get our PRV in process I will see how long it takes, maybe we'll be lucky and they will skip the AOR and give us SA within a few weeks, and then we can apply for the TRV in earnest. The inconsistency in processing between VOs as people have replied, 1 month for COPR to months of waiting and not even an AOR, it's ridiculous really. Anyway, all the remaining documents we need are in the mail so I hope to get them sometime this week. :)

Thanks again for the link and take care,
S_and_C
Where you are in the family sponsorship process has no effect on an application for a TRV. Either you can show them that your ties to your home country are stronger than your tie to your spouse or you cant. In many cases it seems more like luck but it can be done. I do not think the success rate is very high.

S_and_C

Star Member
Apr 12, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
June 30, 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
not yet
VISA ISSUED...
not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
Sous02 said:
Where you are in the family sponsorship process has no effect on an application for a TRV. Either you can show them that your ties to your home country are stronger than your tie to your spouse or you cant. In many cases it seems more like luck but it can be done. I do not think the success rate is very high.
Hi Sous02. Yes, from what I've been told by my MP office, generally 98% of the TRV apps for spouses get denied. However, I explained my situation to them and there is a compassionate angle that may help, but of course nothing is guaranteed. I'm a full time single parent with 2 young kids, and I work full time so having my wife be able to visit is a huge boon to my situation since it's more difficult for me to travel and see her. I know I could take my kids with me, but it gets very expensive, and my 12 year old son doesn't want to go, and my daughter is a really picky eater and would probably starve... Sigh, don't get me started. ;)

From what I've seen of the latest TRV forms, it opens it up to provide nearly the same amount of information as the PRV. I would at least want to include our UCI number in the PRV app and ask for a month, then extend once so that it covers the PRV processing time.

I know that some have said that people wanting their spouses to come earlier to visit for a number of months while waiting for PRV is trying to trick the system (i.e. abuse the intent of a TRV) so a spouse can come to Canada before their PR. In my opinion, if a couple is married and they are applying for PRV and expect no issues, then a TRV should be granted so the couple can be together, especially given the long processing times. The government after all is making family sponsorship top priority, so this simple gesture (allowing spouses to visit) can go a long way to relieving peoples frustration with the immigration system.

Another opinion I have, if TRVs are supposed to be temporary, why do they offer a service to extend those visas? Why do they also offer inland PRV processing for people who are in Canada already on some other visa and wish to stay and wait out the PRV they are applying for? It just seems that their rules seem to be a bit "inconsistent". :)

ok, end rant. :)

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
S_and_C said:
Hi Sous02. Yes, from what I've been told by my MP office, generally 98% of the TRV apps for spouses get denied. However, I explained my situation to them and there is a compassionate angle that may help, but of course nothing is guaranteed. I'm a full time single parent with 2 young kids, and I work full time so having my wife be able to visit is a huge boon to my situation since it's more difficult for me to travel and see her. I know I could take my kids with me, but it gets very expensive, and my 12 year old son doesn't want to go, and my daughter is a really picky eater and would probably starve... Sigh, don't get me started. ;)

From what I've seen of the latest TRV forms, it opens it up to provide nearly the same amount of information as the PRV. I would at least want to include our UCI number in the PRV app and ask for a month, then extend once so that it covers the PRV processing time.

I know that some have said that people wanting their spouses to come earlier to visit for a number of months while waiting for PRV is trying to trick the system (i.e. abuse the intent of a TRV) so a spouse can come to Canada before their PR. In my opinion, if a couple is married and they are applying for PRV and expect no issues, then a TRV should be granted so the couple can be together, especially given the long processing times. The government after all is making family sponsorship top priority, so this simple gesture (allowing spouses to visit) can go a long way to relieving peoples frustration with the immigration system.

Another opinion I have, if TRVs are supposed to be temporary, why do they offer a service to extend those visas? Why do they also offer inland PRV processing for people who are in Canada already on some other visa and wish to stay and wait out the PRV they are applying for? It just seems that their rules seem to be a bit "inconsistent". :)

ok, end rant. :)
No one is more in support of your position than I am! My 12 year old son was refused a trv to visit me for the summer based on purpose of visit, can you believe that? Unfortunately in the crazy world we are trying to get a trv for your points only make it less likely to be successful. They will view your need to have your spouse in Canada greater than the return to the home country. If anything you are better proving the opposite. That you really don't need your spouse. I know crazy, don't kill the messenger please. . I wish you good luck. Sincerely.