+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Would this qualify in Skilled Worker category?

BC_Gal

Aug 25, 2008
I am trying to help a friend immigrate to Canada from India.

He has worked in the cruise industry for 20 years doing tours and travel, shore excursions, gift shop and jewellry sales. He also has a diploma in hotel and restaurant management.

Would he qualify under the Skilled Worker category?

Also, where do I start to find an immigration consultant to help him with this and would his chances be better if he used an attorney/consultant versus applying on this own? It seems like there are so many consultants out there and we'd like someone reputable.

We have briefly looked into PNP and a work permit, but it seems like it is difficult to secure a job from outside Canada.

Also, realistically speaking are his chances for immigrating to Canada good or would it be difficult for someone with his background?

Thank you for any help or guidance.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

BC_Gal said:
I am trying to help a friend immigrate to Canada from India.

He has worked in the cruise industry for 20 years doing tours and travel, shore excursions, gift shop and jewellry sales. He also has a diploma in hotel and restaurant management.

Would he qualify under the Skilled Worker category?

Also, where do I start to find an immigration consultant to help him with this and would his chances be better if he used an attorney/consultant versus applying on this own? It seems like there are so many consultants out there and we'd like someone reputable.

We have briefly looked into PNP and a work permit, but it seems like it is difficult to secure a job from outside Canada.

Also, realistically speaking are his chances for immigrating to Canada good or would it be difficult for someone with his background?

Thank you for any help or guidance.
1. Probably not, unless he has a years experience in an occupation on the "list of 38" http://tinyurl.com/6ml2h3
2. If he doesn't qualify an Immigration lawyer or consultant probably won't help. But if you decide to hire one, ensure the consultant is a member of CSIC or if a lawyer, a member of the Canadian Bar.

PMM