+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Would i get a visa?

kieran_uk

May 31, 2014
Hi so my name is kieran and i am from England United Kingdom. i hope i am posting in the correct section but basically my partner is a nurse here in England as been offered a position as a nurse in your beautiful country Canada. thing is i was wondering if i would be able to get a visa to go with her. I am 23 years old, i have no trade and no job offer unlike my fiancé. we are engaged, lived together for 5 years and been together for nearly 7 years. i am aware countries like australia do a long term partner visa but is this the case with canada. I wouldn't claim any benefits and i would work with out a doubt, maybe something like some sort of security like i currently do in england. would i get a visa? or is there nothing i can do to go with her for 12 months (which is what her contract length is) i look forward to your replies.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You should be posting your questions to the Foreign Workers section of the forum.

The short answer to your question is that if you and your partner are common law (have lived together for a minimum of one full year and can prove it), then you can apply for an open work permit based on her work permit.

If you have further questions, I would recommend you join the Foreign Workers section of this forum.