+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Would I be able to enter Canada if TRV expiry date is close (as BOWP applicant)?

cox2917

Nov 1, 2020
Hi All,

My work permit and trv would be expired soon. My PR application is deleyed because of biometrics collection (just completed it two weeks ago), and I am applying Bridge Open Work Permit in order to continue work for my company.

Unfortunately, my grandpa that's not in Canada nor US is having health issue and I really want to visit him asap. I can manage to get back before the expiration date, but I have the following questions:

Would I be allowed to enter Canada again if trv expires in two weeks? Would CBSA have my PR and BOWP application detail so they know I am allowed to stay in Canada?
Would this affect my eligibility to work in Canada? Am I still allowed to work as BOWP applicant after my old work permit expires?

Any advice is highly appreciated!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi All,

My work permit and trv would be expired soon. My PR application is deleyed because of biometrics collection (just completed it two weeks ago), and I am applying Bridge Open Work Permit in order to continue work for my company.

Unfortunately, my grandpa that's not in Canada nor US is having health issue and I really want to visit him asap. I can manage to get back before the expiration date, but I have the following questions:

Would I be allowed to enter Canada again if trv expires in two weeks? Would CBSA have my PR and BOWP application detail so they know I am allowed to stay in Canada?
Would this affect my eligibility to work in Canada? Am I still allowed to work as BOWP applicant after my old work permit expires?

Any advice is highly appreciated!
To the best of my knowledge you must be holding a valid work permit (as well as a valid TRV) in order to be allowed to board the plane and fly back to Canada due to the current travel restrictions. Hopefully someone else can confirm one way or the other.

cox2917

Nov 1, 2020
To the best of my knowledge you must be holding a valid work permit (as well as a valid TRV) in order to be allowed to board the plane and fly back to Canada due to the current travel restrictions. Hopefully someone else can confirm one way or the other.
Hi. Thanks for the reply. As described in the question, I would have a valid work permit as well as a valid trv. The issue is that they would expire soon (in 2 weeks) when I get back to Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi. Thanks for the reply. As described in the question, I would have a valid work permit as well as a valid trv. The issue is that they would expire soon (in 2 weeks) when I get back to Canada.
Sorry - I misunderstood. As long as you hold a valid TRV and work permit, you shouldn't have any issues returning.