+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worries for Gcms notes and full records problem

Shivaraad

Jun 27, 2019
hello everyone, actually i have received my gsms notes recently but still they have not sent full records. I asked my friend to order both of them one month ago, and just yesterday i got an email from the officer. I will copy just a small part of this email which I think is related to my request for records, because I cannot understand what is the meaning of this part and what should i do, will they send them with another email or not !!! Here are these sentences:
The processing of your request is now complete. Please refer to the following for an explanation as to what was released:

Disposition of your records: Disclosed in part

Section(s) of the Act applied (if applicable): 15(1) The detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

hello everyone, actually i have received my gsms notes recently but still they have not sent full records. I asked my friend to order both of them one month ago, and just yesterday i got an email from the officer. I will copy just a small part of this email which I think is related to my request for records, because I cannot understand what is the meaning of this part and what should i do, will they send them with another email or not !!! Here are these sentences:
The processing of your request is now complete. Please refer to the following for an explanation as to what was released:

Disposition of your records: Disclosed in part

Section(s) of the Act applied (if applicable): 15(1) The detection, prevention or suppression of subversive or hostile activities
1. They won't release information received from a third party.
2. You can expect a bit of a wait for a copy of your file, because it has to be found, photocopied, reviewed, third party information removed, security information removed, before being released.

Reactions: Shivaraad

amitsil

Jul 25, 2019
Hi

1. They won't release information received from a third party.
2. You can expect a bit of a wait for a copy of your file, because it has to be found, photocopied, reviewed, third party information removed, security information removed, before being released.
im confused. please clarify
1.example of a 3rd party would be who?
2. whats the point if all info is missing when you receive it?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

im confused. please clarify
1.example of a 3rd party would be who?
2. whats the point if all info is missing when you receive it?
1,. Security reports from CSIS, Foreign Gov'ts, Police departments, other Gov't departments.
2. Because third party information is not CIC's information to distribute.

Reactions: Shivaraad