+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WORRIED!any hope for this situation?

valkyrie79

Star Member
May 7, 2013
ok so I'm officially freaking out...I'm trying not to worry but its absolutely impossible especially when I read on forum last night that a married couple applied for visitor extension the first time and was granted..then the second time around they were denied because they didn't have a sponsorship application sent..wE are so scared now that this second extension won't be granted due to the fact that we can't submit application without the required y and z documents,(police and medical) We are still waiting on those.We stated in cover letter for second extension that we need the last of those documents to submit PR (sponsorship application.The first extension we stated in letter that we are getting married and applying for PR afterwards. We have been honest we did get married and have every intention of applying but only until we sort out the last of those documents... we obviously can't. my question is do you think cic will deny my husbands extension because of We have not applied yet? We do have proof of intention( all receipts including rprf which usually they request afterwards but we decided to pay upfront. do you think it will be ok or should we expect a refusal?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's really impossible for any of us to predict what CIC will do. My guess is that they'll approve your extension. But again, really impossible for any of us to say with any level of certainty. You'll just have to wait until you hear back.

valkyrie79

Star Member
May 7, 2013
Thanks I understand... and as far as the extension goes. i'm still really confused about this processing time. it says 109 days but they have only worked on applications from march 8th? Is this definite? meaning that our extension received ( may 13th) won't be decided until they say they are working on applications in May which will give us more time to hopefully submit sponsorship application?thanks again

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
valkyrie79 said:
Thanks I understand... and as far as the extension goes. i'm still really confused about this processing time. it says 109 days but they have only worked on applications from march 8th? Is this definite? meaning that our extension received ( may 13th) won't be decided until they say they are working on applications in May which will give us more time to hopefully submit sponsorship application?thanks again
As Scylla said, we can't know what CIC will do or do not.

The dates in there are estimates, that get updated frequently, but are in no sense meant to be definite, nor they represent the latest information to the moment. It might take more, less or the time established depending on CIC workload.

As a sidenote, it seems that if CIC granted a first extension using PR Sponsorship as a purpose then CIC expects to see a PR application in process. There are no "excuses" as the extension was given with that specific purpose and if you fail to comply with your side of the agreement then CIC is perfectly expected to not grant more time if they consider the time was enough to submit the SPR.

Again, no one can tell but CIC, so worrying or asking questions is not productive. Better plan for worst case scenario, that is something that would be productive.

valkyrie79

Star Member
May 7, 2013
hey jalex! cheers for the uplifting response. may I add that the first extension granted was for 6 months.( we asked for 12)...perhaps it wasn't granted due to the fact we were not husband and wife as of yet..who knows? and NO 6 months is certainly not enough time in my opinion to get married,arrange,documents,waiting for marriage certificate()booking appointments,gathering pictures/letters of family and friends.also we were very honest and told CIC that we are getting married and submitting PR. but we didn't just get married immediately as those sorts of events take time, money and careful planning and sometimes circumstances in life can delay as well..but apart from that We did get married as we stated in letter to CiC...but much later on. So the fact that we have not submitted PR yet is completely reasonable as all the documents required after getting married take time as well especially medical and police certificate.At this rate I feel like just submitting without the medical and police clearance and take a gamble.At least I can prove its sent off.Receipts are apparently not proof enough...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Why is the medical delaying your application?

The police certificates I understand since they take time to obtain (BTW: many submit their applications without the PCCs and submit those later).

However the medical should not be delaying your application. This should be a very easy step to complete (unless you are living somewhere very remote).

valkyrie79

Star Member
May 7, 2013
My husbands Medical had to be cancelled due to financial issues..We had to rebook for a later date and not to mention the cost is ridiculous here in NL.130 dollars for examination and then an extra 400 for xrays etc:( I'm just trying to do whats right even though many obstacles in between...

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
valkyrie79 said:
hey jalex! cheers for the uplifting response. may I add that the first extension granted was for 6 months.( we asked for 12)...perhaps it wasn't granted due to the fact we were not husband and wife as of yet..who knows? and NO 6 months is certainly not enough time in my opinion to get married,arrange,documents,waiting for marriage certificate()booking appointments,gathering pictures/letters of family and friends.also we were very honest and told CIC that we are getting married and submitting PR. but we didn't just get married immediately as those sorts of events take time, money and careful planning and sometimes circumstances in life can delay as well..but apart from that We did get married as we stated in letter to CiC...but much later on. So the fact that we have not submitted PR yet is completely reasonable as all the documents required after getting married take time as well especially medical and police certificate.At this rate I feel like just submitting without the medical and police clearance and take a gamble.At least I can prove its sent off.Receipts are apparently not proof enough...
You have to understand that it doesn't matter what you think, what matters is what CIC thinks.... and sadly if you compare your case with many others alike you are taking much more time. Usually people requesting extensions for PR marry right away, and do all of that in less than 4 months.... that is because they are prepared and know exactly what to do (if you didn't know then that is considered negligence).

Hopefully CIC will be flexible enough and grant you the extension.

Best of lucks.

valkyrie79

Star Member
May 7, 2013
Jalex.. look I appreciate the brutal honesty but it wouldn't hurt to be a bit more sensitive.We are all here going through one hell of a roller coaster ride and just wanted a glimmer of hope in my situation...anyway I just got off the phone with cic call center and the agent informed me that my husbands application won't be decided until august 30th.She told me that there has been an extreme amount of applications... So on that note it will give us more time to get everything sorted. and in the event of a refusal.we will have PR submitted and will have proof that it was sent included with another extension and a restoration of status... thanks

Inthemidst

Nov 6, 2013
App. Filed.......
Dec 12 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 4th
AOR Received.
Dec 12th
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
waiting
valkyrie79 said:
Jalex.. look I appreciate the brutal honesty but it wouldn't hurt to be a bit more sensitive.We are all here going through one hell of a roller coaster ride and just wanted a glimmer of hope in my situation...anyway I just got off the phone with cic call center and the agent informed me that my husbands application won't be decided until august 30th.She told me that there has been an extreme amount of applications... So on that note it will give us more time to get everything sorted. and in the event of a refusal.we will have PR submitted and will have proof that it was sent included with another extension and a restoration of status... thanks
Hi Valkyrie,

We are also applying for he extn of stay as visitor and bit confused here with the application !!! May i know what to fill in he section Name of the person or the address of the institution that you would be visiting while in canada ??? We are currently in PGWP ( and OWP) and tht wud expire on July 11th .
It wud be really great if you can throw some light in the matter

omoteek

Jul 9, 2015
pls I need advice, I applied for 6 month trv last month and the ties I have to my home country is my job.
so am just thinking how it might be for them to grant me a visitors visa.

Inthemidst

Nov 6, 2013
App. Filed.......
Dec 12 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 4th
AOR Received.
Dec 12th
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
waiting
omoteek said:
pls I need advice, I applied for 6 month trv last month and the ties I have to my home country is my job.
so am just thinking how it might be for them to grant me a visitors visa.

As you have already applied all you can do now is wait . Coz it depends from case to case and from VO to VO . All they say is provide as many details as possible when you apply for any permit or Visa . So all the best .. keep your fingers crossed

Inthemidst

Nov 6, 2013
App. Filed.......
Dec 12 2015
Doc's Request.
Jan 4th
AOR Received.
Dec 12th
Med's Done....
upfront
Passport Req..
waiting
omoteek said:
wow thanks, I just need to wait.
And i knw that is the most frustrating part .. Wait Wait Wait !!!! :(

omoteek

Jul 9, 2015
yeah the waiting is most :-X about this visa of a thing............
I have been reading how visa are refused here and here am applying for 6 month visa with only my job as a tie to my home country with no additional property, I just hope God help mr through and be granted visa.