+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Worried about kids settling in Quebec!!!!

Dan H

Jul 17, 2011
Hi all,

Any help would be very much appreciated, myself and my young family are looking to immigrate to Canada. Having recently been in contact with CIC it appears that we qualify to migrate to Quebec, which don't get me wrong it is wonderful news. On speaking to my young daughters they both shared the same concern, that they would prefur to live where Nanny and Grandad live (BC) our first choice. Obviously this could be a problem for us, if they really can't settle in Quebec what options would we have. Probably won't be able to come back to the UK because of the cost and selling our house to fund the immigration. But could be relocate to Vancouver and join up with our in laws, Is this possible without being deported out of Canada, and is there a time frame involved that once after say 6 mths it was deemed ok by whoever concerned to move. I am a carpenter by trade and looking at job sites it looks to me that there is an abudence of work also in the Vancouver area, which leads me to think that if i had a job offer once in Quebec it might help or case to relocate. Sorry for the waffle but any assistance would be really appreciated.

Funkdakarma

Jun 7, 2011
I've heard that you don't necessarily have to stay in the region where you are nominated for, that once you get your PR you're free to go wherever but I would consult some of the experts on this forum, like Mef who's pretty responsive usually

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you saying that you or wife qualify to apply for PR through the Quebec skilled worker program? If you do that, you must intend to settle in Quebec. If you have problems settling, it would be ok to leave after a few months. There is no minimum time you must stay, you just must have intended to settle when you landed.

Another option is if you get a job offer from BC, you could also be sponsored through the provincial nominee program or apply under the skilled worker program or you could go on a work permit and apply for PR later.

Dan H

Jul 17, 2011
Thankyou for your replys, We have every intention of settling in Quebec. Personally my wife and I feel it would be amazing for our kids to learn another language, and absorb another culture. With kids being the way that they are and they simply cannot settle i worry it would have an adverse affect etc and it would turn into a nightmare. But thanks again for replying "if anyone else that has been in the same position or someone that has a little more advise, it would be great to hear from you".

BlueRobin

Feb 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
18-06-2010
Med's Request
23-09-2010
Med's Done....
20-10-2010
Passport Req..
11-07-2011
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2011
Kids adjust to new environments faster than their parents. But you have to help them adjust by having them learn French and teaching them about the new country. Every year thousands of families immigrate to Canada. But if staying with grand parents is a top priority, you should only target BC, not Quebec.