Passport Req..
14-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2016
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
UK1928 said:
Hi ,

I got my status restored , now in My permit it says My employment Location is Calgary, and in Conditions it says Not Authorized to work in any location other than stated.
Does that mean I have to work only in Calgary.

Thanks.
Is it a closed permit linked to an employer ?
If yes then you can only work for that employer (you should be based out of their office in Calgary)

JaytheKiwi

Jan 6, 2017
Question: Can I appeal regarding my Work Permit application in the below situation?

I was sent back my Work Permit application for additional information, BUT I never received it, so I thought it was still being processed with myself having implied status while I wait as I was working in Canada at the time via a WHA Visa.

CIC closed my case with not contacting me via email, phone or a letter. I had no idea. I only found out yesterday this was closed and Im way past the 90 days to ask for a Restoration. I was instructed last night to leave Canada when I was expecting an answer.
This also unfortunately means Ive been working illegally to my surprise as I thought I had implied status, as my Lawyers said I would have until the moment CIC sent a formal letter stating my Permit was approved or denied.

Not sure if this is relevant but my PR was withdrawn by my ex wife when we separated just before my PR would of likely been approved. I dont know if the withdrawn PR matters as I believe you can work and live in Canada with a Work Permit as a temp. resident regardless of PR.

Any ideas what I can do?

I left it too long to chase up the status of my Work Permit which Im regretting but I assumed I had implied status. I didnt think for a second CIC wouldnt contact me OR that their letter asking for more info wouldnt turn up in the mail to me. I thought they would call me or email me if they hadnt heard anything back, instead they just closed my case and Im additionally worried I'll need to clear my name as they might see me as an intentional overstayer & worker preventing me to apply for another VISA, Work Permit or PR one day.

Can I appeal?

Its kinda shit if I have to quit my career and leave the country over something so trivial as miscommunication or no communication from either party.