+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

working visa application

lquiapo

Jan 31, 2008
I am a Filipino, I already have a Positive Labor Market Opinion the next step is to apply for working visa. I would like to ask because there is one item in the application that is Yes regarding health. Last Aug.2006 I undergone a operation in the right neck it was caused by a pulmonary tuberculosis I was treated for 6 mos. and I was healed, xray result was clear and sputum was negative. I am afraid that my application will be refused. I hope anyone can answer me. Thanks

lquiapo

Jan 31, 2008
Hi there!
Do I need to request a certificate from my doctor? Because one advised me to secure a detailed medical certificate from my doctor which specified that I am physically fit and fit to travel as support prior submitting it to the embassy aside from having a medical exam requested from the canadian embassy.

Thank you very much for your reply.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

thaiguy said:
CIC won't accept a certificate from your doctor. They will only accept the medical checkup performed by a pre-approved physician.
It probably means that once you have a medical at the DMP, the X-ray will show, and you will be further for additional sputum tests, yes I know that you have had them, but I bet that CHC will request them again.

PMM

lquiapo

Jan 31, 2008
Hi,

So it's ok to submit my papers to the embassy without any support on one Yes item regarding tuberculosis? Thus all applications they received undergo medical examination? Because somebody told me also that they might refused it right away once there are items
marked Yes and they will no longer request for a medical that's why supporting certificate is needed, I am sorry just want to make sure.

Thanks to PMM and thaiguy.