+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working in USA on Visa, Applying QSW, Few queries, please help

SGA99

Oct 29, 2015
Hi,

I have few questions re: Application for Selection Certificate – SKILLED WORKER A-0520-AA (2014-11) and looking for some help here. I am employed with Indian company and currently working in USA for last 5 years on L1A Visa.

Q3. Residence and mailing address.
Should I write my India or USA address. I believe I should write my USA address as it my current residence even though my passport shows Indian address. Please confirm.

Q12. Education excluding elementary school
Do I need to give details of SSC (10th) and HSC (12th) details also?
If yes, do I need to submit certified copies of SSC and HSC Certificates?

Q13. Employment during past 5 years
Do I need to mention details only for last 5 years?
I am with Indian IT company for more than 8 years and worked on different roles. In Job title details section of Q13, Should I just mention the last role, or every role/duties I performed in the company so far. (Same question for Q13.1 Job Title)

Checklist Questions:
Item2. financial self-sufficiency (Form A-0522-OA)
should I include bank statement even though its not in checklist, to better support my application?

Item11. Residence permit or stay document.
Is Visa and I94 sufficient?

Item21: Work attestation
It might be difficult to get employer letter. I have a Letter from HR Head to USCIS which was issued during my L1A Visa renewal. Will it be sufficient?
It has all details requested below -

Each work attestation or certificate must be printed on company letterhead and
contain the following information:
– job duration (start date and end date of the job); (Only start date since since I am still working, End date - N/A)
– number of hours worked per week;
– positions that you held and the period during which you held each position;
– brief description of tasks;
– contact information for the employer (including phone number);
– name of the signatory written in block letters;
– signature of the signatory and date.

Item22: Proof of legalty of your work experience
I have requested IRS Account Transcripts. Do I need to include Social Security Statement also?

Your help is really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

HOPE :)

Jul 3, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2015
Nomination.....
12-05-2015 CSQ
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
SGA99 said:
Hi,

I have few questions re: Application for Selection Certificate – SKILLED WORKER A-0520-AA (2014-11) and looking for some help here. I am employed with Indian company and currently working in USA for last 5 years on L1A Visa.

Q3. Residence and mailing address.
Should I write my India or USA address. I believe I should write my USA address as it my current residence even though my passport shows Indian address. Please confirm.

Q12. Education excluding elementary school
Do I need to give details of SSC (10th) and HSC (12th) details also?
If yes, do I need to submit certified copies of SSC and HSC Certificates?

Q13. Employment during past 5 years
Do I need to mention details only for last 5 years?
I am with Indian IT company for more than 8 years and worked on different roles. In Job title details section of Q13, Should I just mention the last role, or every role/duties I performed in the company so far. (Same question for Q13.1 Job Title)

Checklist Questions:
Item2. financial self-sufficiency (Form A-0522-OA)
should I include bank statement even though its not in checklist, to better support my application?

Item11. Residence permit or stay document.
Is Visa and I94 sufficient?

Item21: Work attestation
It might be difficult to get employer letter. I have a Letter from HR Head to USCIS which was issued during my L1A Visa renewal. Will it be sufficient?
It has all details requested below -

Each work attestation or certificate must be printed on company letterhead and
contain the following information:
– job duration (start date and end date of the job); (Only start date since since I am still working, End date - N/A)
– number of hours worked per week;
– positions that you held and the period during which you held each position;
– brief description of tasks;
– contact information for the employer (including phone number);
– name of the signatory written in block letters;
– signature of the signatory and date.

Item22: Proof of legalty of your work experience
I have requested IRS Account Transcripts. Do I need to include Social Security Statement also?

Your help is really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi

Q3: In french: Adresse de résidence: your address where you are living right now. Adresse de correspondance: your address where you want to receive your documents. If you gonna live for long time in US and the same address, then you can type the adresse de résidence into adresse de correspondance. Got it?

Q12: you have to type all studies except elementary school. Check this website: http://eduquiv.com/
And you have to get certified copies since highschool until bachelor, master or doctorate.

Q13: put the last 5 years.

Item2: it is not necessary include bank statement.

Item 11: Visa, work permit, job letter, I94

Item 21: It is necessary to get your letter of your company.

Item 22: You need to have your W2 from 2009 to 2014.

SGA99

Oct 29, 2015
Thanks for the reply!

Q11 asks cumulative validity covering at least one year. This means work permit in USA should be valid for at least one year from application date. Or does it really mean it should be older than one year. Can you please confirm?

Temporary resident status in a country other than your country of citizenship or permanent residence
11. Residence permit or stay document with a cumulative validity covering at least one year, issued by authorities of the country or territory where you currently reside.

Jul 3, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2015
Nomination.....
12-05-2015 CSQ
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Put your copies of your visa(could be your last visa 2014-2015), copies of your job letter( this letter means you used it when you were to embassy to get your visa) Got it? , and copies of your I-94 (last entry). I know all of this because my husband is working in USA.

techiemanager

Aug 7, 2014
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 Sep 2016
Nomination.....
29 Dec 2015
AOR Received.
21 Sep 2016
Passport Req..
19 Jan 2017
Can I send notarized copies of the W2s...
If so, can I get it notarized in AAA?

Thanks.

Jul 3, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2015
Nomination.....
12-05-2015 CSQ
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
What do you mean with "AAA"?? My husband notarized his W2 in an UPS office. Inside of the UPS office there is a notary, but you need to live in USA to do that. Or you can get copies from IRS, but it will take long time to get them, almost 2 weeks.

techiemanager

Aug 7, 2014
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 Sep 2016
Nomination.....
29 Dec 2015
AOR Received.
21 Sep 2016
Passport Req..
19 Jan 2017
HOPE :) said:
What do you mean with "AAA"?? My husband notarized his W2 in an UPS office. Inside of the UPS office there is a notary, but you need to live in USA to do that. Or you can get copies from IRS, but it will take long time to get them, almost 2 weeks.
Thanks Hope!

I can get it notarized in UPS.

Per IRS, I have to apply for copy of W2 thru employer ?

Also, I got a social security statement from SSA directly. Supposed to be original, but it looks like a photocopy on a bad thin paper. Not sure if Quebec Immigration will accept it ?

Jul 3, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2015
Nomination.....
12-05-2015 CSQ
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
techiemanager said:
Thanks Hope!

I can get it notarized in UPS.

Also, I got a social security statement from SSA directly. Supposed to be original, but it looks like a photocopy on a bad thin paper. Not sure if Quebec Immigration will accept it ?

No, If you decide get your copies from IRS directly, so you need ask your W2 copies on this website link:

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Tax-Return-Transcript-Types-and-Ways-to-Order-Them - Get Transcript --- Tax Return Transcript ---

IRS is gonna send you a closed envelope with your W2 copies, you must not to open it. For us, it was complicated, so we decide to get notarized copies instead of get copies from IRS. But you decide.

No, you don't need to send that statement because it is so private for you. Nobody have to know your number of Social Security. My husband only sent his W2 notarized copies as proof of legality .

techiemanager

Aug 7, 2014
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 Sep 2016
Nomination.....
29 Dec 2015
AOR Received.
21 Sep 2016
Passport Req..
19 Jan 2017
HOPE :) said:

No, If you decide get your copies from IRS directly, so you need ask your W2 copies on this website link:

http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Tax-Return-Transcript-Types-and-Ways-to-Order-Them - Get Transcript --- Tax Return Transcript ---

IRS is gonna send you a closed envelope with your W2 copies, you must not to open it. For us, it was complicated, so we decide to get notarized copies instead of get copies from IRS. But you decide.
Thanks Hope !! I really appreciate your help & time..

Were you referring to the Form 4506-T option in the link or just the "get transcript" option
I don't see W2 being sent with "get transcript" option

Jul 3, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-11-2015
Nomination.....
12-05-2015 CSQ
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
techiemanager said:
Thanks Hope !! I really appreciate your help & time..

Were you referring to the Form 4506-T option in the link or just the "get transcript" option
I don't see W2 being sent with "get transcript" option
I never have done this action. I tell you because an immigration consultant advised to me. You need the "get transcript" option. https://www.irs.gov/Individuals/Get-Transcript