+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working in USA as Citizen

naveenezone

Apr 3, 2009
Hello All, I have come to Canada a Permanent Resident in 2011 and worked in Canada as a software consultant for 10+ years . I have been on and off contract works and looking for Job opportunities in Canada. After becoming a Canadian citizen in 2015, I feel like the job opportunities in Canada is very scarce. I am seeing a lot of work in USA compared to Canada and am willing to travel to USA and work. Is there any work visa that I need to apply to work in USA other than H1B? Can any provide any guidance on this?

Last edited:

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Hello All, I have come to Canada a Permanent Resident in 2011 and worked in Canada as a software consultant for 10+ years . I have been on and off contract works and looking for Job opportunities in Canada. After becoming a Canadian citizen in 2015, I feel like the job opportunities in Canada is very scarce. I am seeing a lot of work in USA compared to Canada and am willing to travel to USA and work. Is there any work visa that I need to apply to work in USA other than H1B? Can any provide any guidance on this?
Ask in an American immigration forum, or Google it

Foxxo

Sep 24, 2021
The TN visa might be what you're looking for.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you want to do consulting you can get hired by US clients and remain in Canada. If employed full-time likely a TN visa. You’ll also need to consider if your spouse wants to needs to work because spouse getting work permit as well isn’t a given in the US. Not the greatest time to be looking for tech jobs in general.