+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working in Hongkong as a DH then applying as a caregiver in Canada

ybab

Dec 19, 2012
Hi,

Hello. I just wanna ask if I really need to complete a ONE YEAR experience here in hongkong before filing my application here, but the website said it should be ONE YEAR talaga. I already taken up a 6 months caregiver course and I'm just confused because some say that you can file your application even though your only 6 to 8 months here in hongkong. I'm already working here for 2 months na. please enlighten me. Thanks. :)

ybab

Dec 19, 2012
Hi there im newbie here! Just want to know do i really need to work in hongkong for a year before i get hire in canada even if i attended a 6 months training course and i had more than 1 year of experience.. Please i need your response coz im confused.. Thanks in advance

ybab

Dec 19, 2012
Can you please send me the link about the 1year policy of staying in hong kong before filling to Canadian embassy.. Im also confused! Thanks in advance!

Amy06

Mar 6, 2018
Hello guys,
Ask q lng sana qng anu ung requirements pag nagapply ng work sa canada,gusto q rin sana magwork dun,im here in hk,mag2yrs na q sa july,.help nmn kung my alam kaung agency dto sa hk,thanks

Dimi2015

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
BC
LANDED..........
04-2018
I assume you want to work as Caregiver? If yes, pls. Be advised that there is a New Caregiver Pathway that started I believe 2014 and will end next year. Before you apply, pls. Make sure you met all the requirements listed. Like you pass an english test and you have an equivalent of 1 year post secondary canadian education. No update yet how caregivers can apply for PR after this pilot program.

Hello guys,
Ask q lng sana qng anu ung requirements pag nagapply ng work sa canada,gusto q rin sana magwork dun,im here in hk,mag2yrs na q sa july,.help nmn kung my alam kaung agency dto sa hk,thanks

Wala ako alam but piece of advise lang maibibigay ko. Pls search for the New C
Hello guys,

Dimi2015

Star Member
Jun 8, 2015
BC
LANDED..........
04-2018
There is no such thing. You can come from any country as long as you have the right experience. Dont believe on hearsay. Search for new caregiver pathway. All reqts are listed.

Hi there im newbie here! Just want to know do i really need to work in hongkong for a year before i get hire in canada even if i attended a 6 months training course and i had more than 1 year of experience.. Please i need your response coz im confused.. Thanks in advance

Colinkim

Mar 14, 2018
Hongkong
Hi To All!

Good day!

Please I need a help to sort all this thing in my mind. I have an employer already in Canada they put in mail my LMO yesterday March 28,2011. and as I read here the LMO will be release at least 8 weeks? it is right? so by that time my employer will send my LMO and I will be on my 7 months and half here. But some are saying LMO can release only by 4 weeks then if thats the case that will be my 6 months and half here in Hong Kong.
Is it possible that during these blocks of months I can send my documents to Canadian Embassy here? And also I told to my employer that they can make a letter that stating how much they need my service.
My employer is a Teacher and she has a 3 kids and she really need my help and her husband is working on a shifting time.
I really need a positive answer.
Thank you so much!
hello sis musta! Bago lng ako dito sa forum,nasa canada kana b ngayon.same kasi problem ko sayo.if ever n dumating visah

Colinkim

Mar 14, 2018
Hongkong
Hello sis musta.bago lang ako sa forum.nasa canada kana ba ngyn.ilang years kana ba jan.im currently working in hk for 1year.my tanong sana ako sayo just in case dumating na visa q, ok lng ba sis e break q contract ko sa amo ko.pls.enlighten me sis .thanks

kokakandmeow

Dec 3, 2018
atleast a year...i worked in hong kong before...yes its easy when i applied...dont know now???
when someone invited me to have an temporary resident visa in Canada do i need also to work/stay here in hongkong for 6 months before applying for that visa?
any answer will be appreciated
thank you

cbelvis1978

Dec 17, 2018
Hi, Im a newbie here. Im planning to move in HongKong to work as DH.sa mga nakakaalam po, pwede po ba malaman kung anong mga requirements ang kelangan i prepare ko. Im currently in Dubai po.

zuccini

Dec 25, 2018
hello po.. pde po b magtanong.. andito po ako ngayon sa hk bilang dh. pde po b mag apply sa canada kahit walang alagang bata or matanda dto sa hongkong? sana po mi sumagot po salamat

Dhangzkie

Apr 5, 2019
Hello... I am new here... I am working now in hong kong as dh... I am planning to apply to canada but my problem is... I am ex --abroad here also in hk and my previous 2 employment contract i lost it and they didn't give me a reference letter before...
Can i still apply to canada using my present employer? Hope somebody can help me..

Joyillen

May 7, 2019
Hello i just want to ask to i really need to have a one year experience here in hongkong before i can apply in canada?? Because i have already 4yrs experience in Singapore and now im just waiting for my LMIA i only work here in Hong Kong for 4 now

marianroz

Nov 16, 2019
Hi im currently working here in hongkong as domestic helper for 1 year already. I have employer in canada who wants to hire me immediately. And i want to know if im qualified to apply as a nanny/ caregiver with my only 1 year experience. Thank you in advance.. Godbless you.
.. hello how is your application now, are u in canada now?