+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

working holidays program / worried guy, pls read, advice needed

fedone

Feb 22, 2011
Good morning, Please help, need advice.
I am a 32 years old italian person with a good knowledge of english. I am working since more than 10 years in tourism industry.
In the next months, i will probably move to Canada through the vacation-holidays program, and the plan I have is to find a job, change my visa type into a temporary work permit and stay in Canada.
I will have to quit my job, sell the car, and stay far from my family (kid and wife) until they will be allowed to come to Canada.
The embassy told me that if i want to remain in Canada it is possible but i have to find a job and apply for a new visa (temporary work permit)
I am very worried as I don't know how much would be difficult to do so.
So, questions I have are:
I know I can come to Canada and look for a job, but how hard can be to get a job and have a new work permit issued?
What do you suggest me to do first? Go through a settlement agency? Find a job or have some courses first?
Do you think "practice firm" could be a good idea?
Please, if someone had some experiences about finding a job/working holidays visa/temporary work permit, can he share them?
I will leave my email address, please advice, it is a very important decision.
thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Fedone @ hotmail.it

thezieglers

Star Member
Sep 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: vacation-holidays program / frightened guy, pls read, advice needed

It could be possible to get a job, but you are making a very strong bet.

Hospitality is a market i need of temporary workers more of the time. I'd advice you to be very carefull when chosing where to stay during your working holiday visa as not all the cities are in demand of workers in your area. may be you'll want to take a look at the Working In Canada website.

Good luck...

fedone

Feb 22, 2011
Re: vacation-holidays program / frightened guy, pls read, advice needed

thanks for the reply thez,
I would add some information, maybe it can help:
I will move to Toronto, I will stay together with a friend of mine.
The idea i have is to find ANY job, i would like to work in my field, but honesty I would do everything as what really matters for me is the chance to stay in Canada.
My friend told me that if you don't have any expectation and you accept what the market job offers, you should't have much trouble to find a job, but i was just wondering how difficult would be to get a job for someone like me who comes through a working-holiday program and who wishes to stay.
tks