+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working holiday visa Vs Skilled worker migration

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So in your case, you can't do that but try to not show up at the border control either drunk or high or dressed like a bum and don't look nervous like you are smuggling something and you should be fine. Really, the way you are worrying about this and talking about your legal recourse just in case this might possibly happen to you, it seems you have already decided that they have a reason not to let you in. If you show up there with that attitude, they might pick up on it and not let you in, see what I mean. Do they have a reason not to let you in? If no, then why are you acting like it?

euromelb

May 10, 2009
Leon said:
So in your case, you can't do that but try to not show up at the border control either drunk or high or dressed like a bum and don't look nervous like you are smuggling something and you should be fine. Really, the way you are worrying about this and talking about your legal recourse just in case this might possibly happen to you, it seems you have already decided that they have a reason not to let you in. If you show up there with that attitude, they might pick up on it and not let you in, see what I mean. Do they have a reason not to let you in? If no, then why are you acting like it?
I guess i just worry easily. I travel a lot though and never had any troubles in the past
I don''t even beep when i walk through the metal detectors :)

euromelb

May 10, 2009
So Leon, tell me please
Once i get my two year working holiday visa, are there any requirements i need to meet in order to apply after 1 year from within canada?
and under what sort of category do i apply for?

About my working history, i think i will start putting my documents together from now as my current job sorts of falls under one of the NOC Categories
There is no point in chasing up working history of a job that is not under the skilled work category, isnt that right?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You apply as a federal skilled worker category 3, that is somebody who is already in Canada for 12 months. If you get an employer to promise you a job after you get PR (of course nobody will hold him to it), you might be able to apply right away under category 2 (arranged employment). Call CIC when you get to Canada (the number only works from within) and ask them what is needed for category 2. It may work with a work permit, being employed and having a letter from employer offering to continue your employment after you are PR. Has to be a skilled position though.

You will need to provide your work history since age 18 but you dont have to bother with references and proof of employment for jobs you are not claiming points for. If it turns out that you don't have enough points for FSW, you could try to get an AEO from an employer and use that to apply for PNP immigration.