+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Working Holiday Visa extension.

kilvano

May 7, 2008
Hi all...I know that a lot of individual cases are posted here but I havent really found a case similar to mine. If you come across any old posts that may help me then please post a link.

I am here on a Working Holiday Visa for 1 year. Im 3.5 months in to this Visa and I looking at permanent employment. I had a job interview for an excellent role in Marketing which pays ~$40,000. The MD of the business was really honest and said that I was at the top of the list so far but that the fact that I only have less than 9 months left on my visa concerns him and that im a risk (perfectly understandable). I advised him that I would get some info on probabilities of getting it extended.

This is a long term career job which i would like to stick with and advance as the company grows. The MD has interviewed canadians for this role but I think he feels I would be the best fit for the role.

Im looking for at least another 12 months but ideally 24 months. I have a friend who has a letter from a business he works for basically saying his wage and stuff. He has and application in for a 3 year temp residency visa which hopefully will be accepted.

Another factor may be that my girlfriend and I have been together for 3 years. Living together for over 2 years. She was born in Scotland but her father was born in Canada. She is in the process of getting her citizenship as she is entitled to do. I believe we are classed as common-law.

Any advise would be appreciated.

kilvano

May 7, 2008
Also forgot to mention I have a lot of family (my dads uncles) based out in Victoria who would be able to sponsor me

dre

Mar 18, 2008
As I understand it, it's not possible to extend your working holiday visa.
I am in Canada with my working holiday visa as well, and would be very happy to learn that it can be extended.