16/11/11
IELTS Request
6 bands
Med's Done....
7/11/11
Interview........
weived
VISA ISSUED...
waiting for that.. baba g visavde do ....
Hi to all

I just want to know that When a student go to canda in study visa then can they find part time work easily?
If they are not financialy sound in india can they arrange there livelyhood and fees for there survival? is there anhy settelement chances for these student in canada....???

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To get your study permit in the first place, you need to show that you can arrange $10,000 for your living expenses and pay your tuition. During the first months of studying, you are only allowed to work on your college campus. You would have to ask what you can do there, maybe you can re-stock books in their library. After 6 months of studying, you can apply for an off-campus work permit. This permit will allow you to work up to 20 hours a week during the semester or full time during holidays. After you complete your studies, you can apply for a post-grad work permit, an open permit valid for as long as your studies were.

If you want to immigrate, it is better that you take a 2 year course because it will give you more possibilities to immigrate. For example, with 2 year studies and 1 year skilled work, you can apply under Canadian experience class. You could also possibly apply as a graduate through a PNP or be sponsored by an employer.

If you want to immigrate, you should also not get caught working under the table or without a work permit or you might find yourself on the plane back home sooner than you expected.

Jyoti Dhillon

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/11/11
IELTS Request
6 bands
Med's Done....
7/11/11
Interview........
weived
VISA ISSUED...
Leon said:
To get your study permit in the first place, you need to show that you can arrange $10,000 for your living expenses and pay your tuition. During the first months of studying, you are only allowed to work on your college campus. You would have to ask what you can do there, maybe you can re-stock books in their library. After 6 months of studying, you can apply for an off-campus work permit. This permit will allow you to work up to 20 hours a week during the semester or full time during holidays. After you complete your studies, you can apply for a post-grad work permit, an open permit valid for as long as your studies were.

If you want to immigrate, it is better that you take a 2 year course because it will give you more possibilities to immigrate. For example, with 2 year studies and 1 year skilled work, you can apply under Canadian experience class. You could also possibly apply as a graduate through a PNP or be sponsored by an employer.

If you want to immigrate, you should also not get caught working under the table or without a work permit or you might find yourself on the plane back home sooner than you expected.
Thanks for reply first of all ,
but as i am already mba so eligible for pg course only and its for one year...and i didnt get whole thing u written obove tell me one thing if i will go for one year diploma and will get 1 yaer work permit then what is the next step...is this back to india....or some other way is there and after complete one year can i apply for pr from india or not?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you do 1 year study and 1 work, you dont qualify for CEC.

If you want to stay, you need a good employer who will apply for your LMO and proper work permit after your 1 year of post-grad is over. Then you have more time to apply for PR, either through a PNP or CEC.

If you don't qualify for CEC, then you will need a job offer if you want to apply from India, either through PNP or FSW then.

Jyoti Dhillon

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/11/11
IELTS Request
6 bands
Med's Done....
7/11/11
Interview........
weived
VISA ISSUED...
leon do u understand hindi or punjabi?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jyoti Dhillon said:
leon do u understand hindi or punjabi?
No but try Qorax, I think he might. He is more knowledgeable about the skilled worker program though but maybe he can help you too.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tees Maar Khan said:
Hey Leon, yeah fedral skill worker ka program aap toa bahut mushkil ho gaya hai na?
If you want me to answer your question, please write in English.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tees Maar Khan said:
okay... i thought you too from Pakistan. I was telling that FSW is become tough these days.
That is true. When I applied in 2000, it was much easier. There was no most wanted list, no CAPs, no IELTS and I had my visa in 9 months.