+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Visa: Proving you will leave Canada

stopDA

Apr 27, 2013
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exactly how do you prove that you will leave Canada at the end of your work permit. I've once stayed in Canada on a study permit (but never finished my degree) and left at the very end of it (not overstaying one day). Shouldn't that be evidence enough for them? I'm single and I don't have any children or property that I'd be leaving behind. What else can I show them?

chief0422

Apr 6, 2011
me too im single but in the port of entry they just inform me that I have to leave before the da of the end of my workpermit... they will not ask you a proof that you will really leave Canada after the end of your workpermit

stopDA said:
Exactly how do you prove that you will leave Canada at the end of your work permit. I've once stayed in Canada on a study permit (but never finished my degree) and left at the very end of it (not overstaying one day). Shouldn't that be evidence enough for them? I'm single and I don't have any children or property that I'd be leaving behind. What else can I show them?

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
The biggest problem is for those coming from non visa exempt countries who have the burden to prove they have stronger reasons to return home than remain in Canada. StopDA what did you use for proof to get your study visa?

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
stopDA said:
Did you land in Canada?