+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work/Tourist Visa process delay

Oct 19, 2022
Hello everyone,
Is Canada still approving work permits applications from India ? I have submitted my passport for visa stamping on 9th of Aug and there is no update yet.. as per my solicitor it’s pending due to the Canada-India current issue…
Anyone facing the same issues ??
please let me know.. I am so worried…

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hello everyone,
Is Canada still approving work permits applications from India ? I have submitted my passport for visa stamping on 9th of Aug and there is no update yet.. as per my solicitor it’s pending due to the Canada-India current issue…
Anyone facing the same issues ??
please let me know.. I am so worried…
According to IRCC, the diplomatic issues that are ongoing have not impacted the processing of their services in India. If it has been 3 months since you submitted it, it is definitely a concern. Is your lawyer acting as your representative, did you submit the PP yourself or your lawyer? Do you have the tracking info for when it was sent to VFS and can confirm it was received? Have you submitted a web form or contacted the consulate/embassy to try and get an update?

If your Lawyer is acting as your rep and can't answer these questions or hasn't followed up for you, it might be time to remove them and look after the rest of the process yourself.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
According to IRCC, the diplomatic issues that are ongoing have not impacted the processing of their services in India. If it has been 3 months since you submitted it, it is definitely a concern. Is your lawyer acting as your representative, did you submit the PP yourself or your lawyer? Do you have the tracking info for when it was sent to VFS and can confirm it was received? Have you submitted a web form or contacted the consulate/embassy to try and get an update?

If your Lawyer is acting as your rep and can't answer these questions or hasn't followed up for you, it might be time to remove them and look after the rest of the process yourself.
Canada lost quite a lot of staff so I don’t believe there hasn’t been processing delays. I also understand that many local staff were being pressured not to work for Canada at least temporarily. They are still processing applications but it will likely take longer and that is what so believe IRCC was saying by saying that the diplomatic issues haven’t affected processing.

Reactions: Canada2020eh

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Canada lost quite a lot of staff so I don’t believe there hasn’t been processing delays. I also understand that many local staff were being pressured not to work for Canada at least temporarily. They are still processing applications but it will likely take longer and that is what so believe IRCC was saying by saying that the diplomatic issues haven’t affected processing.
I wasn't aware of the locals being pressured but I agree with the rest. However, with it being 3 months since submission I think it would be prudent for the OP to try and get more info if possible.

h1waiting23

Nov 6, 2023
Washington DC
Category........
WP
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
29-09-2023
I have created this telegram group to track Work Permits applied in 2023, Please feel free to join if you are waiting for your Work Permit or have recently received on and would like to share your experience. https://t.me/+ANaLWDwcvHthODkx