+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work permit

Powerpuff

Aug 7, 2017
Hello
I need to know about my friend.he is working in canada and his work permit is expiring. His fiance is in canada on international student visa and persuing her 2 yrs phd program.
They both are getting married soon in canada and then they both will go to their backhome and will do wedding by their rituals and custom.
Now my question once they are married can his fiance / spouse as they are getting married can apply for his open work permit while they both are away from canada to get married. As she will be coming back to persue her degree. Which is finishing in 2018.
Will her spouse get open workpermit..while they both are putaide canada.
Please explain how this procedure works.
And once they are marrying according to their rituals in their country n will habe translated marriage certificate do they need to register their marriage here as well? To apply for his open woek permit

boatyyo

Star Member
Jan 11, 2017
Hi All,

I am an Indian citizen working on h1b in US, i got the passport request so very soon i should have PR. My question is if i were to work on a project in Canada as a consultant of my US company, do i need a work permit or any other paperwork apart from PR? My project started a while ago and i haven't been able to travel because the client didnt want to sponsor a work permit. However with a PR i don't need one right?

dks2323

Star Member
Aug 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I am an Indian citizen working on h1b in US, i got the passport request so very soon i should have PR. My question is if i were to work on a project in Canada as a consultant of my US company, do i need a work permit or any other paperwork apart from PR? My project started a while ago and i haven't been able to travel because the client didnt want to sponsor a work permit. However with a PR i don't need one right?
Yes you can...you can do everything that a Canadian citizen can do except vote...

Reactions: boatyyo