+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit

Dave74

Sep 15, 2008
Hello All,

My sister is in INDIA and I am in US, however I want to try for her immigration or skilled job category visa for CANADA.

I was told by some1 in CANADA that you can get job visa by paying certain amount of money.

Can any one please help me in this regard? and also if anyone can help me for any other option.

Thanks.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Actually you have the option of hiring an employment agency to get you an employer who then sponsors your visa,there are several on the board or you may hire an Immigration consultant. What Province were you looking at??

ravneetbrar

Aug 28, 2008
Hi,
If you get job offer through manpower agency u ll not get HRSDC validation.Just for your confirmation check out at www.hrsdc.ca.Work permits issue to only those who are directly hired by employer

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
An employment agency can hook you up with an employer. My employer uses an agency to do a lot of the work connected with hiring temporary foreign workers and we have many. Nobody was refused work permit because we use an agency.

ravneetbrar

Aug 28, 2008
Hi,

I want to clear that through agency you never get permanent job offer so how can HRSDC approved that job offer

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No job is permanent. Each of us can be fired tomorrow if it comes to that. My employer hires temporary foreign workers on 1-2 year contracts through an employment agency. If they wish, they can extend their work permits or do PNP for PR.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
ravneetbrar said:
Hi,
If you get job offer through manpower agency u ll not get HRSDC validation.Just for your confirmation check out at www.hrsdc.ca.Work permits issue to only those who are directly hired by employer
Thats funny,Because lots of people enter Canada using Employment agencies,Tim Hortons brought in 20,000 workers using 14 different agencies,Alma who owns Aims has brought in 1600 workers for New York Fries,Little ceasar s.The LMO is issued to an employer who then may use a employment agency to locate and recruit the workers.But anyway,let me PM Mr Ravneetbrar the number of HSRDC Director for BC and Yukon,So he can ask him directly."A little knowlege is a dangerous thing"

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Just changed my mind,anybody can call the office of the Director of Employment Standards of British Columbia to ask if HSRDC will validate job offers through an agency its 1-250-387-3300,The secretary s name is Violet in case Director Culinane is out.I just cannot believe some of things you are saying my friend,Are you upsett because I will help for no charge,because I work for goverment??

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you look at ravneetbrar posting history at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/profiles/ravneetbrar-u14947.html;sa,showPosts he starts off asking how to extend his own post-grad work permit. A day later he is all of a sudden running a company helping people get job offers and work permits and asking people to contact him privately.

I googled the company he says to contact and found that they had advertised on craigslist as well as another immigration messageboard with a similar poster starting off with a simple question for themselves, then starting to push this company. If it is a real or licensed company I don't know, maybe it is, maybe he is just using free methods to advertise his business.

Hopeful Canadian

Star Member
Jul 11, 2008
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-04-2010 RCVD: 13-04-2010
Doc's Request.
26-10-2010
AOR Received.
04-03-2011
IELTS Request
20-07-2011 L8.5, R6.5, W7.5, S7.0
Med's Request
05-06-2015
Med's Done....
06-10-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
Dear Members & Spaecially BC Guy/Leon

I have already posted repeatedly for help regarding arranging for an AEO-Arranged Employement opinion. I never had any reply from Leon & BC Guy but one of active members have offered me help and via a PM I was told that I will have to pay 15,000 for getting it. BC Guy if you are from Government & can do it all free than why dont you help me as I belive that you can do it very easily.

I have my SFW appliaction alraedy on the way with AOR May 6th, 2008. I have applied under NOC 3216-Medical Sonographer with about 15 yers of active experience & Positively know that there is shortage of the same in BC, ON and AB as well. Theproblem is that the employers wont reply directly.

I dont mean to offend anybody but I expect help from the honourable members for a same cause.

Can I expect a direct communication BC Guy?

I might be able to explain some more things one to one which I persumebaly cant on this nice & honourable board.

Needing your HELP

Always Hopeful

Hopeful Canadian

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hopeful Canadian said:
I have already posted repeatedly for help regarding arranging for an AEO-Arranged Employement opinion. I never had any reply from Leon & BC Guy but one of active members have offered me help and via a PM I was told that I will have to pay 15,000 for getting it.
According to my outbox, my reply to your private message was sent at September 17, 2008, 08:04:43 pm. Did you not receive it? In any case it does not matter since I am not in the position to give you an AEO. All I can do is point you to the employment agencies I have already given you the links to, the ones I know of are reputable and licensed.

According to Alberta law, don't know about other provinces, an employment agency can not charge you for AEO. They can charge you for other things, help filling out applications, help with your CV etc but it should never be as much as $15,000. If you want to pay some guy you found on a messageboard $15,000 that is up to you but first get his company name and google the immigration office and labour board of the province he says he is from and ask them if his company is licensed, how much they can charge you legally and for what they can charge you.

There have been cases of agents scamming people to pay huge amount of money for things they were not allowed to charge for in the first place and in many cases operating without a license, continuing to bill workers after they came to Canada by thousands of dollars. In some cases they come through and get you a job offer but if they are not licensed, you have no guarantee that they don't just take your money and run. Can this guy give you a guarantee of his services? What is your guarantee? What is your recourse if he takes your money and you never hear from him again?

Hopeful Canadian

Star Member
Jul 11, 2008
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-04-2010 RCVD: 13-04-2010
Doc's Request.
26-10-2010
AOR Received.
04-03-2011
IELTS Request
20-07-2011 L8.5, R6.5, W7.5, S7.0
Med's Request
05-06-2015
Med's Done....
06-10-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
Hi Leon

I have just now read your PM in mu Inbox. I agree with what u said about a person - that's true. He/She is the one offering me that AEO with the words that it can be sent to me in avance but I dont believe it.

Do you think this should be posted on this board???

Of course I agree that BC Guy is the person that can help me for sure but as of now I am unable to get a response.

I really appreciate your nice helping reply and dont have words for that.

There are a few people in this world who would try to solveother's problem and without any Greed.

Thanks anyway.

Hopeful Canadian

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Hopeful Canadian said:
Dear Members & Spaecially BC Guy/Leon

I have already posted repeatedly for help regarding arranging for an AEO-Arranged Employement opinion. I never had any reply from Leon & BC Guy but one of active members have offered me help and via a PM I was told that I will have to pay 15,000 for getting it. BC Guy if you are from Government & can do it all free than why dont you help me as I belive that you can do it very easily.

I have my SFW appliaction alraedy on the way with AOR May 6th, 2008. I have applied under NOC 3216-Medical Sonographer with about 15 yers of active experience & Positively know that there is shortage of the same in BC, ON and AB as well. Theproblem is that the employers wont reply directly.

I dont mean to offend anybody but I expect help from the honourable members for a same cause.

Can I expect a direct communication BC Guy?

I might be able to explain some more things one to one which I persumebaly cant on this nice & honourable board.

Needing your HELP

Always Hopeful

Hopeful Canadian
Ok Here goes,I contacted Health Match BC and they were not recruiting Stenographers,But they suggested applying under another category with ready employers,For example midwives applying as practical nurses.I will keep on searching,If I am delayed,It s just so many people with problems in my real job,Currently helping 5 chinese construction workers abandoned by employer,A taiwanese baker who wants to immigrate under PNP,filipina who wants to bring in brother,Guy who wants to bring in Chinese girlfriend,Taiwanese girl who wants to bring in Boyfriend,2 Indian nurses under PNP and thats just who came in this week asking for help in the last 3 days.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
It is illegal under BC law to charge somebody for getting them a job in BC,If any agency in BC charges you for that service,Contact me and I will arrange to have them investigated.That being said it is LEGAL to charge for immigration services and licensing services.Fees run in the range of 3,000-7,000 dollars for most LICENSED immigration consultants which I know quite a few since they come in asking for help from our office,Hope this helps