+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit With LMIA Delay

thlzx

Jul 17, 2020
I got my LMIA in April and completed my work permit application in Canada around April 20. No update. Other people in similar situation? Your timeline? thx

CelaLopez

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
Hey. A friend applied to her WP with an LMIA December last year. Still no response. I applied at the same time and got my WP April this year.
We both work at the same workplace.

CelaLopez

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
Can you post your timeline please ?
Sure! The application was made through an Agency my employer works with. Job is a Housekeeping Supervisor.
1. End of July, 2019 - paperwork started.
2. Mid October, 2019 - application for LMIA started.
3. Second week of December, 2019 - LMIA approved. Application for WP started.
4. Work Permit was approved on April 8, 2020.

I hope it helps!

Reactions: Jan.19

starboy123

Jul 26, 2020
Sure! The application was made through an Agency my employer works with. Job is a Housekeeping Supervisor.
1. End of July, 2019 - paperwork started.
2. Mid October, 2019 - application for LMIA started.
3. Second week of December, 2019 - LMIA approved. Application for WP started.
4. Work Permit was approved on April 8, 2020.

I hope it helps!
when was biometrics completed ?

thlzx

Jul 17, 2020
Hey. A friend applied to her WP with an LMIA December last year. Still no response. I applied at the same time and got my WP April this year.
We both work at the same workplace.
thanks. when did your friends' eligibility review start? and the status of her "background check"?

CelaLopez

Star Member
Jan 25, 2018
thanks. when did your friends' eligibility review start? and the status of her "background check"?
That's the thing. We both work for the same employer, same position, and used the same agency. We applied both in December for the WP. I don't know anything else, except that the agency tells her she needs to keep waiting because everything is getting delayed and affected by the Covid-19 situation.

thlzx

Jul 17, 2020
That's the thing. We both work for the same employer, same position, and used the same agency. We applied both in December for the WP. I don't know anything else, except that the agency tells her she needs to keep waiting because everything is getting delayed and affected by the Covid-19 situation.
thanks. good luck

Reactions: CelaLopez

harryedm

Jun 19, 2020
I got my LMIA in April and completed my work permit application in Canada around April 20. No update. Other people in similar situation? Your timeline? thx
IRCC usually takes 3-4 months in processing WP apps, due to covid things can delay further..
Hope this helps

Kannuxxl

Star Member
Aug 13, 2020
Did you apply from greenlight agency ?