+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Work Permit (Trinidad and tobago Visa Office)

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Andreah said:
Hi every one this is just an update on my application: After getting my passport request everything actually went really fast

Thursday 21st May 2015
Passport request

Friday 22nd May 2015
Dropped of passport at VAC

Wednesday 27th May 2015
Checked Application Tracker for VAC (status- completed application package returned to the VAC - Ready for applicant's pickup)
I also got a call from VAC representative on 27/05/2015 confirming that my application package is ready for collection
2 emails from CIC about 10 minutes later
(1- saying status updated-when I checked it *application status -closed plus message that this application has been approved)
(2- POE letter of introduction to Canada)

Friday 29th May 2015
Collected my passport from VAC with Canadian visa sticker inside
Flight booked for Friday 3rd July 2015 *2 days after my birthday gotta spend that at home ;) ;)

I feel so blessed and I am so excited to be starting a new adventure in Canada
:D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Good luck everyone else- please don't forget to post your updates so we can all share in each others news
Congrats Andreah

RBMNJM

Jun 11, 2015
Hi Andreah. I recently applied for a work permit but I'm not sure if I needed an LMIA. I have an employer-specific job offer, and the CIC website kept telling me that I was eligible to apply under the Foreign Workers: International Mobility Program. So my prospective employer submitted the paperwork to CIC and paid the compliance fee. Based on the waiting times you indicated I am not hopeful because my job offer does have an expiry date. Can you tell me what additional documents you needed to provide as well? I am seeing the medical, and I am about to do the upfront medical. Is there anything else?